Drink Package Prices and Exclusions

Why does Celebrity have one of the most complicated to understand drink packages in the cruise industry?  If I get a Classic drink package it includes all drinks up to $11 in price, but there is lots of exclusions in this package that are under the $11 price that are not included.  Having these exclusions makes it difficult for passengers understand what is in the package and what is not.   I have seen several passengers upset when they order something, thinking it would be included as it is under the dollar amount, only to be told that there is a charge for it.  This causes a lot of frustration by passengers and even staff having to deal with this.   I have noticed that most other cruise lines have a drink package and you understand that drinks up to a certain value are included if you have purchased a drink package.  Will Celebrity ever simplify their drinks packages?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our beverage package options. 

Our Classic Beverage Package covers all alcoholic drinks up to $10, and includes a selection of non-alcoholic, non-premium beverages such as club soda. 

Our Premium Beverage Package covers all alcoholic drinks up to $17, and includes a selection of non-alcoholic, premium beverages such as San Pellegrino and fresh squeezed juices. 

While we try to make as many people as possible happy, we recognize there are some guests whose preferences fall outside of these two categories. We are constantly evaluating our beverage offerings to make sure they are in lockstep with what our guests want on a sailing. We will definitely take your feedback on the complexity of the packages back to the team. 

• Haha 2

We know the ground rules for this forum suggested further replies by Laura to a particular topic may not be entertained, but here goes…

At what point in time does Celebrity give serious consideration to increasing the maximum limit on both the Classic and Premium drink packages?

The recent increase in many of the drinks offered on board has not only reduced the number of items fully covered by each drink package, but more importantly, it has created a major irritant to cruisers. The process of preparing and having signed, a chit for $1 or $2 cannot be the best use of staff time, nor can it be the best message to the person ordering. We are struggling to understand, from a marketing perspective, how allowing previously covered items to now move outside of the prescribed maximums, can be looked upon as a positive environment for cruisers.

As long time Celebrity cruisers, we would like Celebrity to consider implementing an increase in the Premium Drinks Package maximum from $17 to $20, and a subsequent increase in the Classic Drinks Package from $10 to $12 (an approximate 20% change to both maximums). If this is a reasonable option, we would respectfully ask that further individual drink price increases not be implemented in a similar fashion, at the same time. 

In our opinion, this would go a long way in creating good news, in an environment where good news is difficult to generate.

Thank you for listening

Randy and Connie

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2024 at 5:13 PM, goldsmip115 said:

Amen.  As of right now, dear friends, we have moved on from Celebrity.  Just booked 2 cruises on another line and spent my $65,000 elsewhere.

Good for you, but too bad for us. We were hoping you could be our neighbour on Eclipse in November.

We would love to catch up if you still have our email.

Randy and Connie

22 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

Randy,

Can you please email me.  I’m sorry, but I cannot seem to find your email address.

trish

Trish

I don’t think I have your current email address as I have sent previous correspondence to your work email, with no reply. I believe you are currently in a better place.

Our email is rathwellsatrogersdotcom

Randy