Is it true they will not credit you for past cruises if you didn’t use Voyager #?

ramidon1

I’ve been on 2 MSC cruises… one in 2015 and the second a few years after that.  About to go on 2 more, plus status matched via RCCL.  I see my 2015 cruise is missing….not a huge deal as the perks aren’t that amazing but I read that if you don’t submit voyager # at booking, no credit given after sailing.  Makes no sense, anyone had any luck sorting this type of thing out?

4 minutes ago, ramidon1 said:

I’ve been on 2 MSC cruises… one in 2015 and the second a few years after that.  About to go on 2 more, plus status matched via RCCL.  I see my 2015 cruise is missing….not a huge deal as the perks aren’t that amazing but I read that if you don’t submit voyager # at booking, no credit given after sailing.  Makes no sense, anyone had any luck sorting this type of thing out?

I think I read they only go 90 days back. We were unable to get our kids' points because we forgot about them until almost a year later.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

How long do the Voyager points last before they expire? My last MSC cruise was December, 2023. How long until I must take another MSC cruise before they will lapse? Thanks.

3 years!

which is great for us because I will hit diamond next month...then have one planned for next year with my brother and SIL again, but then we plan to take a break for at least a year.

Edited by MonsterJoe

12 minutes ago, KINGBOBOFTHENORTH said:

How long do the Voyager points last before they expire? My last MSC cruise was December, 2023. How long until I must take another MSC cruise before they will lapse? Thanks.

They last until you have a 3 year gap between completed cruises. If you cruised once per year in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2020, 2022, and 2024, your points from 2012 will still be with you. 

• Like 1

Cruises taken before you joined Voyagers Club do not count.  We did not even know about it when we took our first cruise.  We joined and status matched before the second cruise.  EM

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If you status match AFTER you have sailed, I don't believe the points from before the status match will apply to your total, but as others have said, you likely didn't get points from your first cruise simply because you hadn't joined prior to sailing or your status expired because there were more than three years between sailings.

Edited by JamieLogical

16 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Cruises taken before you joined Voyagers Club do not count.

At the time I joined it was called MSC Club. All the points I earned under that name including my first MSC cruise are still in my account.