What did you love about meraviglia?

michelle028

31 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I am insanely jealous! Did just make final payment on my October Meraviglia cruise, so under 90 days to go!

Same! Just 75 more days for us! We're doing YC for our anniversary. So stinking excited!

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I am insanely jealous! Did just make final payment on my October Meraviglia cruise, so under 90 days to go!

My daughter and I leave August 18. Very excited.

Laura

16 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

My daughter and I leave August 18. Very excited.

Laura

I hope you have a fantastic time! My advice is that you will find things to nitpick if you go in looking for them, but if you go in being flexible and adaptive, you can have a great cruise!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Ha! Well, in that case you are better off doing the all-you-can-eat option at Hola!, which I believe was around $18. I can't eat much in one sitting, so at Kaito, one roll and some noodles is more than enough for me.

Well, the Surf & Turf together with the Tripple play puts me over the $20 at Kaito. 

Took another look at Hola! and you are right, cheaper than I thought.  I was including drinks but forgot I had a package that covere those.  

Different ship but ---

image.png.9db14cea6940325ae66bb4def4e86f21.png

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I hope you have a fantastic time! My advice is that you will find things to nitpick if you go in looking for them, but if you go in being flexible and adaptive, you can have a great cruise!

We went during Easter week and the only complaint is there were 1600 kids. I knew there would be a lot because my 2 grandkids went with my daughter and me but it was overwhelming. That's why her and I are doing Yacht Club this time.

Laura

4 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

We went during Easter week and the only complaint is there were 1600 kids. I knew there would be a lot because my 2 grandkids went with my daughter and me but it was overwhelming. That's why her and I are doing Yacht Club this time.

Laura

Smart move since a lot of kids will still be on summer break on August 18.

On 7/29/2024 at 2:57 PM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

Waking up from a great night’s sleep, opening your balcony door and seeing the beautiful blue ocean and hearing it roar as the Mera cuts through.  This was my morning today😀

IMG_5655.thumb.jpeg.91edca634d98dd3cf7d29c18d90f0619.jpegIMG_5659.thumb.jpeg.09e66dc53791daec391d094bc0f18a68.jpeg

Awesome!!

How's the food so far? Did you get to try out the new brunch menu?

23 minutes ago, michelle028 said:

Awesome!!

How's the food so far? Did you get to try out the new brunch menu?

The food is really good.  The first night was a little off.  The pizza was a little undercooked and doughy but they have since redeemed themselves.  The ship is full and maybe beyond full (LOTS of kids) so I think they were trying to cook quickly to get everyone fed that first day in the buffet. We just had a delicious dinner and desserts.  I recommend the rum cake and key lime pie in the dining room especially.  We tried the brunch yesterday and it was very good.  We are going to try it again and try the exotic options.  We played it safe with traditional breakfast items yesterday.  They have egg dishes themed from different countries.

• Like 2

Keep an eye out for the chocolate panna cotta at the buffet.  It will be masquerading as something boring in a foil container, possibly behind the other trays of desserts.  Take a couple back to your cabin to stash in the fridge for bed snack.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 5:26 PM, JamieLogical said:

OMG I swear @JamieLogical you would make the best cruise therapist!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Honestly everyone, regarding pizza…

YES it was good and well made. BUT, didn’t anyone else find the pizza - especially late night buffet - to be totally gross and destroyed? Several times I tried to get pizza and the toppings had all been destroyed, and there wasn’t even a regular inventory of pepperoni. It was often just a pile of cheese and dough, a hot mess literally

so YES good pizza. When it was properly servable and had the type you like. 

anyone? Or am I the only one who got pizza at 1 AM?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, marktwothousand said:

YES it was good and well made. BUT, didn’t anyone else find the pizza - especially late night buffet - to be totally gross and destroyed? Several times I tried to get pizza and the toppings had all been destroyed, and there wasn’t even a regular inventory of pepperoni. It was often just a pile of cheese and dough, a hot mess literally

I have gotten pizza pretty late onboard and haven't had that problem. A few times it has been hard so serve, but the person behind the counter was able to help me.

On 7/30/2024 at 10:01 PM, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

The food is really good.  The first night was a little off.  The pizza was a little undercooked and doughy but they have since redeemed themselves.  The ship is full and maybe beyond full (LOTS of kids) so I think they were trying to cook quickly to get everyone fed that first day in the buffet. We just had a delicious dinner and desserts.  I recommend the rum cake and key lime pie in the dining room especially.  We tried the brunch yesterday and it was very good.  We are going to try it again and try the exotic options.  We played it safe with traditional breakfast items yesterday.  They have egg dishes themed from different countries.

I tried every single brunch item, except maybe one. I loved them all! I had the strawberry shortcake three times. Each time it was delicious. 

In my opinion though, the steak and eggs was the best. It was the perfect size for a late breakfast. I sure hope that they keep the brunch menu, because it a game changer for me! I enjoy sleeping in on my vacations and I don't know of any other cruise line that serves brunch in the MDR. Please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

I tried every single brunch item, except maybe one. I loved them all! I had the strawberry shortcake three times. Each time it was delicious. 

In my opinion though, the steak and eggs was the best. It was the perfect size for a late breakfast. I sure hope that they keep the brunch menu, because it a game changer for me! I enjoy sleeping in on my vacations and I don't know of any other cruise line that serves brunch in the MDR. Please tell me otherwise if I'm wrong!

I’m going to try those items this morning.  Thank you!

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 1:48 AM, marktwothousand said:

My husband has found the same thing this cruise.  1 out 4 was excellent, the rest not so good.  Could have gotten better back home. Very disappointing for him.😢. Definitely not this way in our last cruise.  Maybe a new chef?

On 8/1/2024 at 1:48 AM, marktwothousand said:

I've never had a bad slice on Mera, or MSC in general. at 1pm or 1am.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

We didn’t as well on our February cruise. It’s not the same this cruise.

bummer - if it didn't look good I would ask them when the next ones were coming out and wait. Or tell a dining officer that it looked a mess.

5 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

bummer - if it didn't look good I would ask them when the next ones were coming out and wait. Or tell a dining officer that it looked a mess.

We did.  The second night and it hasn’t improved.  Sadly 😢

2 minutes ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

We did.  The second night and it hasn’t improved.  Sadly 😢

The good news is we just booked our first Yacht Club cabin for next year at this time. I’m sure the pizza will not matter to us next year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

The good news is we just booked our first Yacht Club cabin for next year at this time. I’m sure the pizza will not matter to us next year. 

Well, the difference is you can order whole pies directly to your room. 🙂

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

Steak and eggs and strawberry shortcake was delish.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I would get some vanilla ice cream on the side next time with the strawberry shortcake to make it even more scrumptious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MonsterJoe said:

Well, the difference is you can order whole pies directly to your room. 🙂

We loved doing this.  we would split a pie -- order half margarita and half  supreme .. 

• Like 3