Have you sailed to Japan on the Diamond Princess?

jajsmom

5 minutes ago, Kay S said:

Wasn't that covid cruise from hell the Diamond Princess in Japan?  At the beginning of the pandemic where they kept the passengers on the ship for weeks and some died?  (I assume things are okay now. ) 🙂

The Diamond Princess was one of several ships around the world that were quarantined.

Some Princess examples:

Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan quarantined after passenger diagnosed with coronavirus | CNN

Coronavirus: How did Australia's Ruby Princess cruise debacle happen? (bbc.com)

Coronavirus: Grand Princess Cruise Ship Docks Off California Coast : Shots - Health News : NPR

23 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

We just did the Diamond for 18 days around Japan in June/July and while it was amazing, it was also hellishly hot.

Personal note to me: skip summer in Asia. FWIW Darwin was stifling in April. Hong Kong,  Taiwan, and Japan were fine

On 7/27/2024 at 5:12 PM, mahasamatman said:

We just did the Diamond for 18 days around Japan in June/July and while it was amazing, it was also hellishly hot.

Sounds like doing February/March should be good then. Of course, it's 90+ where I live every day for months at a time.  but we have air conditioning and a pool for that.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 5:12 PM, mahasamatman said:

Sounds like doing February/March should be good then. Of course, it's 90+ where I live every day for months at a time.  but we have air conditioning and a pool for that.