New ship names

With five new builds on the way, what do you think the new ships will be named?

Here's my guess:

2027 - Carnival Holiday

2028 - Carnival Fiesta

2029 - Carnival Stella

2031 - Carnival Aurora

2033 - Carnival Nova

• Like 2

I'm going to go with Carnival Fantasy for the first of the 230k ships, bringing in the new game changing class of ships for Carnival just like the original Fantasy class was.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tidecat said:

With five new builds on the way, what do you think the new ships will be named?

Here's my guess:

2027 - Carnival Holiday

2028 - Carnival Fiesta

2029 - Carnival Stella

2031 - Carnival Aurora

2033 - Carnival Nova

Not sure about Nova 😉:

Screenshot_20240725_114625_Translate.jpg.62b828ce728705b3be976e6118ba37af.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I like Stella and Aurora.  Nova I'm on the fence.  Does Carnival need to reuse past names?  Just curious...

They don't need to, but they have already set a precedent with reusing old names. 

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I like Stella and Aurora.  Nova I'm on the fence.  Does Carnival need to reuse past names?  Just curious...

I guess if you want to stick with the star theme, something like Carnival Galaxy or Carnival Solaris could work.

The entire Excel class so far uses recycled names. Reusing Holiday would completely reuse the Holiday class. Not sure if any of the "ale" names (Carnivale, Festivale, Tropicale) would get reused, but Tropicale would be the most likely as it was Carnival's first newbuild. So far Carnival has not reused any other names.

I guess Carnival Destiny could be on the table, especially if Sunshine sunsets in 2027 or 2028. In some ways it makes sense as Destiny was the first cruise ship over 100,000 GT, and a new Destiny could be the largest cruise ship by passenger capacity. The names of the entire Fantasy class may also be available by then as well.

1 hour ago, tidecat said:

I guess if you want to stick with the star theme, something like Carnival Galaxy or Carnival Solaris could work.

The entire Excel class so far uses recycled names. Reusing Holiday would completely reuse the Holiday class. Not sure if any of the "ale" names (Carnivale, Festivale, Tropicale) would get reused, but Tropicale would be the most likely as it was Carnival's first newbuild. So far Carnival has not reused any other names.

I guess Carnival Destiny could be on the table, especially if Sunshine sunsets in 2027 or 2028. In some ways it makes sense as Destiny was the first cruise ship over 100,000 GT, and a new Destiny could be the largest cruise ship by passenger capacity. The names of the entire Fantasy class may also be available by then as well.

Tropicale was our first cruise, so I think that would be cool to reuse.  But didn't that name cause issues where folks couldn't spell or pronounce it correctly?  Maybe they could add a corporate sponsor by painting the ship orange and naming it Tropicana. 😋🍊😛

3 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

They don't need to, but they have already set a precedent with reusing old names. 

Almost all do, the leader of that pack is HAL.

Suggested names for Carnival ships: 

Carnival Oops -- I did it Again

Carnival I Love Rock n Roll

Carnival Love Shack

Carnival Buy Me A Boat

Carnival It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Carnival Luck Be A Lady

23 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Considering Carnival is an English-speaking company, I think we are good.

image.png.916e763bc20d4b92f95bd90349d4f24c.png

Yes, they are an English speaking company, but their ships are typically registered in Panama, and usually cruise to non-English speaking countries, still something to consider. 

11 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Yes, they are an English speaking company, but their ships are typically registered in Panama, and usually cruise to non-English speaking countries, still something to consider. 

Nova is "not going" in both Spanish and Portuguese, so Nova is likely out. Probably not an issue for AIDA given their specific focus on Germany.

• Like 1