Allure vs. Liberty please help me decide

7 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I have not sailed on Allure (maybe the Feb. TA), but have seem Mama Mia on the first revenue sailing of Quantum (Southampton to Cape Liberty TA).  Is Mama Mia on Allure still the long version with an intermission?

It was still the long version when I was last aboard two years ago.

I have not been on Liberty, but have been on Independence, then Allure with kids.  On Independence, last year, they were 7 and 10. They loved all the slides, including both the kids area and the large slides. Because Indy was replaced by Allure,  we did that recently; they were 8 and 11.  I was somewhat afraid they would be disappointed.  They loved Allure and did not complain about the slides.  They still spent  a lot of time in the pools, especially a whirlpool.  They even commented that it was less crowded, but we were close to maximum, not double, occupancy. They say they like Oasis class better, because there is so much to do. 

Some thoughts on CocoCay,  which is independent of the ship: They liked the (free) kids area with splash pad and small slides. They preferred the food options at South Beach to those at the main buffet. 

I hope this help.

2 hours ago, 88cruzer said:

I have not been on Liberty, but have been on Independence, then Allure with kids.  On Independence, last year, they were 7 and 10. They loved all the slides, including both the kids area and the large slides. Because Indy was replaced by Allure,  we did that recently; they were 8 and 11.  I was somewhat afraid they would be disappointed.  They loved Allure and did not complain about the slides.  They still spent  a lot of time in the pools, especially a whirlpool.  They even commented that it was less crowded, but we were close to maximum, not double, occupancy. They say they like Oasis class better, because there is so much to do. 

Some thoughts on CocoCay,  which is independent of the ship: They liked the (free) kids area with splash pad and small slides. They preferred the food options at South Beach to those at the main buffet. 

I hope this help.

thank you, i think they would like the pools and the splash pad, do you think the waterpark is worth it since the kids are so young?

As far as the water park goes, I would say that it’s not worth it at all.  Our kids, including an older brother, did not even  complain about not doing that. We did get them each a floating map, which they and the adults loved.  We went to CocoCay early and then back to the ship after lunch.

1 hour ago, hollon said:

thank you, i think they would like the pools and the splash pad, do you think the waterpark is worth it since the kids are so young?

I think it depends on the kids. The water park at Coco Cay is top notch in my book, but I am a huge waterpark fan even at my age (late 50s). If the kids are not the adventurous type, there is a good “water park” area at Coco Cay free of charge, located close to the Oasis Lagoon pool. 

As i said, our kids loved the big slides on Independence, but they  were still happy with the kids' free water park, which has short slides, the beaches, and Oasis Lagoon.  The full price for the Thrill Water Park for our cruise in May is $159 pp.  Yes, there are discounts,  but at the current 20% discount, it is still $126.99 per person.  Kids under 14 must have a ticketed adult with them.  Only your friend can decide if that is worth the price.