How exactly to prepay gratuities on carnival.com just prior to sailing?

Hello All,

My family are experienced Carnival cruisers but we usually pay auto-gratuities on board. I'm considering prepaying gratuities this time just to have one less thing to deal with onboard, since I did not book them originally. 

However, I can't find a place to do it on carnival.com. This cruise was booked by me on carnival.com and we're about 3 days out from sail date for one cruise, and 10 days out from another (B2B - I've checked both). We are already checked in for both cruises. When I go through the main Carnival page (Manage->Make A Payment) and enter booking#/name/etc., it dumps me in Cruise Planner (which I already tried), but I can't find a place to add prepaid gratuities! I've also searched the Planner section, Booking & Order Details, Invoice Details, Fun Shops, Cruise Cash, etc. I can't find it anywhere. I am aware I could call, but I don't want to. If I can't do it online, I'll just wait and do it onboard as usual. 

Can anyone explain exactly how to get to this option on carnival.com that perhaps I'm missing? They indicate it is possible, but I can't find it. Or is it no longer available? Hopefully I'm missing something, thank you in advance for any suggestions! 

Posted (edited)

on the invoice details page, next to prepaid gratuities they should be a small link that says Add

with being 3 days from sail date, it might be too late to do it for that cruise but you should be able to do it for the other cruise

Edited by shof515
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

on the invoice details page, next to prepaid gratuities they should be a small link that says Add

with being 3 days from sail date, it might be too late to do it for that cruise but you should be able to do it for the other cruise

Thanks! That's what I was expecting to find, and I just double-checked again following your advice, but it's not there for either cruise. There is a small "i" icon that explains what gratuities are, but no option to add. I guess I'll just do it onboard, thanks for the help!

7 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I’ve never found a way to do it online if not done at time of booking.  But I think you can call to do it.  EM

7 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

I could be wrong, but I think you have to call to have them added now.

Thank you, I agree there doesn't seem to be a way to do it now. I realize I could call, but I don't really want to, I'll just do it onboard. I appreciate the replies, thanks for the help!

This might be a remnant of having the website change to reflect taxes and fees because we used to be able to do this from the invoice page. Our next cruise isn't until February 2025 and it won't let us add them, so it's not that the OP is too close to the cruise. Hopefully this option will return with the next iteration of the website.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On the booking order invoice details, does the PREPAID GRATUITIES appear all the way to the right in the invoice column?  Maybe you added them when you first booked and forgot?  Just a thought.

image.thumb.png.51cf5447c349bcec0e72ed57db24c93b.png

Edited by thundercrack
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thundercrack said:

On the booking order invoice details, does the PREPAID GRATUITIES appear all the way to the right in the invoice column?  Maybe you added them when you first booked and forgot?  Just a thought.

image.thumb.png.51cf5447c349bcec0e72ed57db24c93b.png

Good thought, but no, mine have $0.00 totals all the way across. I'm now thinking the other post might be correct about the tax/fee inclusion on the website might be correlated to why/when the prepaid gratuity option disappeared.  Thanks! 

• Like 1