MSC inventory close to sail date

IrishSails

We are booked on the Seashore in March 2025 for the first time on MSC.

Since we booked I have priced several cruise dates for fun, as I do with other cruise lines.😀 They seem to have the most fluid pricing I've ever seen.

For sailings in the next couple weeks (Seashore) there are several YC and suites still available. Does anyone have knowledge of what happens to these cabins? I have never seen this many unsold cabins in these type of categories on other lines.  I know they do the bid thing but I'd like to know others experiences.

Thanks!

What exactly are you asking? MSC will put out bid offers and fill the cabins to the extent that they want to.  The available YC cabins on the upcoming Seashore sailings will likely be filled by the time the ship sails, but they are holding out for higher bids.  On a current sailing someone boasted that their very low bid was accepted and this just irritated others.  To note, these sailings are taking place right after school reopens here in FL and in hurricane season.  It's also infernally hot right now which discourages cruisers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

On a current sailing someone boasted that their very low bid was accepted and this just irritated others.

Why would others be irritated? 

Would those same others feel better if the other person paid more than those who booked directly?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

"It's also infernally hot right now which discourages cruisers."

That is what gin & tonics are for. (Two lime wedges, if you please.) 😉

21 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Why would others be irritated? 

Would those same others feel better if the other person paid more than those who booked directly?

I understand why people would feel irritated if others paid substantially less.  It makes them feel "stupid"...and they should have waited.

And yes, these same people would feel better if others paid more....it makes them feel that they were smart and got a great deal.

Except for those who are oblivious to "personal finance"......everyone wants a good deal.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I understand why people would feel irritated if others paid substantially less.  It makes them feel "stupid"...and they should have waited.

The people who waited also took a risk. What if nothing was available and the people who waited never moved "up"?

For every successful bid, imagine how many unsuccessful bids that are made. 

The people who booked what they wanted, paid what they agreed to pay, and received exactly what they wanted have no reason to feel "stupid" just because someone else got lucky.

And yes, these same people would feel better if others paid more....it makes them feel that they were smart and got a great deal.

Why take pleasure in someone else paying more? It doesn't effect anyone else's bank account at all. I just don't see how what someone else paid (paid more or paid less) has any impact on my cruise or how I feel about what I paid.

Except for those who are oblivious to "personal finance"......everyone wants a good deal.

Sure, people want a good deal but someone getting a better or worse deal doesn't matter at the end of the day. My bank account doesn't go down if someone got a better deal nor does it go up if someone got a worse deal.

Edited by Two Wheels Only
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Sure, people want a good deal but someone getting a better or worse deal doesn't matter at the end of the day. My bank account doesn't go down if someone got a better deal nor does it go up if someone got a worse deal.

If someone gets the same cabin as you, but for a lot less...or a lot more...the value of your bank account won't change.  But the value of your "full price cabin" does go up/down.... dependent upon what others pay.  Except for the very rich and the financially irresponsible, people want the best value they can get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MsTabbyKats said:

But the value of your "full price cabin" does go up/down.... dependent upon what others pay.  Except for the very rich and the financially irresponsible, people want the best value they can get.

If someone lies to you and says "...I paid half of what you paid...", would that have a negative impact on your cruise?

As long as I enjoy my cruise and I'm satisfied that I received what I expected (or more), IDGAD what others paid.

If I bet $100 on a fight and win $150, I'm good.

If someone else bet $1,000 and won $1,500, I don't feel worse.

If someone else bet $100 on the other fighter and lost everything, I don't feel better.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If someone lies to you and says "...I paid half of what you paid...", would that have a negative impact on your cruise?

As long as I enjoy my cruise and I'm satisfied that I received what I expected (or more), IDGAD what others paid.

If I bet $100 on a fight and win $150, I'm good.

If someone else bet $1,000 and won $1,500, I don't feel worse.

If someone else bet $100 on the other fighter and lost everything, I don't feel better.

LOL....I could go way off topic here...and quote my old BF from 40 years ago who is now a self-made billionaire.....but I won't!

Does it change my experience?  No.  But if someone pays half of what I pay...I'd ask them "how they did it" and if possible, I'd try to emulate them.  Would I book a balcony with the hopes of a YC upgrade?  Absolutely not.  If they used a different TA...yeah, give me his name/number!

Edited by MsTabbyKats
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Does it change my experience?  No.  But if someone pays half of what I pay...I'd ask them "how they did it" and if possible, I'd try to emulate them.  Would I book a balcony with the hopes of a YC upgrade?  Absolutely not.  If they used a different TA...yeah, give me his name/number!

Learning from someone who got a great deal is something that I support.

Being upset because someone got a great deal is where I disagree.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Learning from someone who got a great deal is something that I support.

Being upset because someone got a great deal is where I disagree.

OK.....not upset...jealous.  

On 7/27/2024 at 1:41 PM, no1talks said:

That is what gin & tonics are for. (Two lime wedges, if you please.) 😉

Just wander over here since MSC also comes into Brooklyn.

G&T are my favorites......I Prefer Bombay Sapphire w Fevertree Tonic. I learned it on the QM2 and never changed.