Celebrity Eclipse Mahjong?? (2024-08-16)

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if the ship eclipse provides mahjong sets on the ship? Am a fan of mahjong but never really played with a real set before so defintiely am interested in trying it out.

Edited by gametester072
grammar

• gametester072 changed the title to Celebrity Eclipse Mahjong?? (2024-08-16)
Posted (edited)

I have heard Eclipse has those sets. But actual mahjongg is not like playing it on an app- you need other players! The best way for you to learn is to see if there are other players on your cruise and ask to learn from them. If you are on the following cruise (8/28) I would be happy to meet you when we are playing and teach you American Mahjongg which differs from the Chinese game. Head over to the roll call: August 28, 2024 Boston to Quebec - Page 8 - Celebrity Eclipse Roll Calls - Cruise Critic Community I will be bringing my mini-set in case there are not full-size sets available.

Edited by TMLAalum

Posted (edited)

try your roll call, post on bulletin bd on the ship or look in gane area

or find a group at home so you can learn. the game... real players move quickly..although . still social!

Should invest in purchase of current card if those are still used.. has been many yrs!

many puzzles, games etc on board are missing pieces!

Edited by hcat

Posted (edited)

I have been able to borrow a Mah Jongg set from Guest Relations. There is usually only one or two sets so get it early in your cruise if you want to be sure you will be able to get a set for a game.

I always add a post on my roll call or FB group and asked if anyone wants to play Mah Jongg. 

You can order a Mah Jongg card from the National Mah Jongg League in NYC. Their phone number is 212-246-3052 and their website is www.nationalmahjonggleague.org.

Edited by cruisin lady ca