Queen Anne July 28 -14 day Mediterranean Circuit - Live from … Maybe…

westcoasttech

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Congrats on your first "Live from..." Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! See your post featured on our: Click: Cruise Reports page. When you return, please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

westcoasttech was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Starting a “Live From” but not guaranteeing my ability to post throughout the trip, so anyone else feel free to add on to it.

Me - solo traveller, frequent cruiser on any and all cruiselines, but 3rd time on Cunard.  Nationality - Brit by birth, now Canadian by choice.

Arrived 1day pre cruise after a long flight from West Coast of 🇨🇦.  Stayed 1 night near the airport at Village Hotel Eastleigh.  It’s a new hotel and worked out great … and had a pretty good sleep to chase off the jet lag!

I had a 2:30 checkin time for QA but risked arriving at the port at about 1:10pm and walked through checkin with no delays and was onboard by 1:30pm.

I’m in a humble inside cabin this trip so no review of the grills is going to be forthcoming!  But I do have one of the “sideways” layout cabins which will be a bit different, but at first glance it looks pretty practical.. I’ll post pics, if the internet cooperates!

More to follow as I have ability to post.  Feel free to ask questions and I’ll do my best!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

A few first thoughts on the buffet … sorry, Food Hall … I like the being served from behind the glass dividers, and would think that it probably saves on food waste too! I have no problem going back if you want more!  The curry, chicken tikka, was 👍 👍!  I had intended to try the Golden Lion for lunch, my Cunard boarding day tradition but forgot 🥹!  Oh well I have 14 days to get there!

I can’t seem to get the onboard app to cooperate so that’s this afternoon’s challenge!

Edited by westcoasttech
  • Like 2

Hi Westcoasttech

I am wishing you a wonderful journey.Please send comments when you can, but don’t forget you are on holiday.

We sail on Queen Anne in afew weeks time, and I have to admit I am very apprehensive.I will keep an open mind, but I think my heart belongs to another Queen!

Bon Voyage.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, westcoasttech said:

I can’t seem to get the onboard app to cooperate so that’s this afternoon’s challenge!

I had to reload my app to get it to work in the first place but the app was then down for at least 24hrs ship wide anyway.

Thanks for doing the running commentary they're great to follow!

• Like 1

I hate that I seem to need to say this but …. BE NICE TO YOUR CREW!  Already heard a hissy fit (or two) about petty things!  In my experience crew members will go out of their way to help you in any way they can, but if you’re polite (and flexible) you normally get a better, less stressful result!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, westcoasttech said:

I hate that I seem to need to say this but …. BE NICE TO YOUR CREW!  Already heard a hissy fit (or two) about petty things!  In my experience crew members will go out of their way to help you in any way they can, but if you’re polite (and flexible) you normally get a better, less stressful result!

I’m shocked…that people should be anything other than considerate and polite to the crew. I know there are occasionally problems with individuals, but nearly always they are brilliant.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, GeorgianGal100 said:

I had to reload my app to get it to work in the first place but the app was then down for at least 24hrs ship wide anyway.

Thanks for doing the running commentary they're great to follow!

Purser’s office managed to get it to work eventually … problem might have been I still had My Voyage app from my last Cunard sailing installed, once I deleted that and reinstalled, everything cooperated!

• Like 1

I am onboard too. Easiest  embarkation ever I was onboard by 12 30 . Lovely balcony cabin on deck 4. Has an extended balcony so half shaded and half open. Probably twice the depth of a standard one. Had very tasty gammon egg and chips in Golden Lion. My go to curry is now a special and will reappear in about 3 days I was told by the waitress. Service was slick and the chips were too hot to eat at first. Plenty of wait staff around pool. Only minor set back I was initially allocated a sharing table but swiftly had it swopped. Apparently there are not many 2 tops completely separate on deck 2 but he told me he would try and find me one. Alternatively the Maitre D’ from level 3 said he would be able to find me one. Managed to book Noir for tomorrow did have trouble loading app had to do it several times but I suspect the problem is that is still loaded from previous trips. So far really pleasant  interactions with all crew that I have across  and had seen no  signs of  any sullen or tardy attitudes. Sad to hear some guests are being poorly behaved within the first few hours and being rude to crew. Have not sorted WiFi yet but will buy package tomorrow. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I am onboard too. Easiest  embarkation ever I was onboard by 12 30 . Lovely balcony cabin on deck 4. Has an extended balcony so half shaded and half open. Probably twice the depth of a standard one. Had very tasty gammon egg and chips in Golden Lion. My go to curry is now a special and will reappear in about 3 days I was told by the waitress. Service was slick and the chips were too hot to eat at first. Plenty of wait staff around pool. Only minor set back I was initially allocated a sharing table but swiftly had it swopped. Apparently there are not many 2 tops completely separate on deck 2 but he told me he would try and find me one. Alternatively the Maitre D’ from level 3 said he would be able to find me one. Managed to book Noir for tomorrow did have trouble loading app had to do it several times but I suspect the problem is that is still loaded from previous trips. So far really pleasant  interactions with all crew that I have across  and had seen no  signs of  any sullen or tardy attitudes. Sad to hear some guests are being poorly behaved within the first few hours and being rude to crew. Have not sorted WiFi yet but will buy package tomorrow. 

Have a great voyage, look forward to reading your thoughts and experiences 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

Having a few “can’t get there from here” moments with the layout of the ship … might get the hang of it by the end of the second week!🤪

The Grills Terrace is in the way.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

I’ve tried to swap my allocated 2-top for a sharing table as I prefer company … depending on the company!  We could have swapped!!  MD has now put me on a shared table … fingers crossed!  They do seem to have issues with organizing the dining room in recent cruises (on a variety of cruiselines) -  doesn’t seem to matter what you chose at booking you just get put on whatever size they have!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

The Grills Terrace is in the way.

Exactly!  But there seems to be nothing stopping you from passing through the Grills area … apart from your own conscience!  The doors are unlocked… today at least!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

Exactly!  But there seems to be nothing stopping you from passing through the Grills area … apart from your own conscience!  The doors are unlocked… today at least!

As someone who was in the Grills, it wouldn’t worry me, if done quietly. How would anyone know? I spent a lot of time doing circuits of that deck.

• Like 1

So I see that Queen Anne is docked at Ocean Dock Berth 46 where the current Ocean Terminal is located. I'm an American and I know that Ocean Dock is a U shaped 3 sided dock and I have been to Southampton 4 different times on round trip NY to NY transatlantic crossings aboard QM2. Where Queen Anne is docked, Berth 46 is the West side of Ocean Dock. The East side of Ocean Dock which can be seen from one of the pictures that Westcoasttech sent in this thread, is Berth 44 where the Titanic docked at and the original Ocean Terminal was located at Berth 44. Anyway enjoy your cruise aboard Queen Anne, Westcoasttech

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

As someone who was in the Grills, it wouldn’t worry me, if done quietly. How would anyone know? I spent a lot of time doing circuits of that deck.

I confess to doing it once late at night transmitting Sogne fiord. It was empty.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, westcoasttech said:

There's no lock and apparently folk do  'pass through'. No problem as far as I am/was concerned. 🙂

• Like 2