Queen Anne July 28 -14 day Mediterranean Circuit - Live from … Maybe…

westcoasttech

The passenger count Queen Anne reported to Southampton VTS a short time ago is the highest I've heard so far. I didn't get the counts for the maiden voyage but I have the counts for most of her other departures from Southampton. Anyway, she's sailing today with 2,862 passengers and 1,223 crew.

This is the first time I've heard a passenger count in excess of 2,800. The previous high was on her just completed voyage when she sailed from Southampton with 2,778 passengers on July 14th.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, bluemarble said:

The passenger count Queen Anne reported to Southampton VTS a short time ago is the highest I've heard so far. I didn't get the counts for the maiden voyage but I have the counts for most of her other departures from Southampton. Anyway, she's sailing today with 2,862 passengers and 1,223 crew.

This is the first time I've heard a passenger count in excess of 2,800. The previous high was on her just completed voyage when she sailed from Southampton with 2,778 passengers on July 14th.

Same number of crew?

10 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Same number of crew?

For the record, here are all the passenger and crew counts I have for Queen Anne.

May 10, 2024: 2596 passengers; 1252 crew

May 24, 2024: 2546 passengers; 1249 crew

June 7, 2024: 2694 passengers; 1235 crew

June 23, 2024: 2757 passengers; 1220 crew

June 30, 2024: 2719 passengers; 1235 crew

July 14, 2024: 2778 passengers; 1232 crew

July 28, 2024: 2862 passengers; 1223 crew

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Very recently booked a fwd guarantee cabin on the 18 - 28 Aug sailing - hope it's not the one in your picture!!!!!! Your blog will be/is already so helpful and I look forward to picking up lots of tips and information to help me enjoy my trip. I like the look of the 'wings' above the pool area as a place to settle on a good day. Have fun and thank you for all your time on this.

2 hours ago, bluemarble said:

For the record, here are all the passenger and crew counts I have for Queen Anne.

May 10, 2024: 2596 passengers; 1252 crew

May 24, 2024: 2546 passengers; 1249 crew

June 7, 2024: 2694 passengers; 1235 crew

June 23, 2024: 2757 passengers; 1220 crew

June 30, 2024: 2719 passengers; 1235 crew

July 14, 2024: 2778 passengers; 1232 crew

July 28, 2024: 2862 passengers; 1223 crew

If them crew numbers seem to be a very close average that is the number that Cunard appears happy to cruise with. Personally having returned today IMO they are seriously understaffed in MDR not just with waiters but also sommeliers. There also seemed very few bar waiters in Commodore Club for pre dinner drinks and also now just serve crisps, nuts and olives.

20 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Possibly a fair number of children on-board as it is now the school holidays and not a 'cold weather' cruise. 

1 hour ago, NavyPanda said:

Possibly a fair number of children on-board as it is now the school holidays and not a 'cold weather' cruise. 

There is not an obviously large number of children onboard. Aft pool not over run at all. 

Posted (edited)

AziPod fault which requires internal work alongside so we have to skip Cadiz and crawl our way at reduced speed to Barcelona so an extra sea day. Shame, but these things happen and at least the weather is good. Hopefully we’ll be in Barcelona on Friday morning on time. 

Edited by steeler33
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, steeler33 said:

AziPod fault which requires internal work alongside so we have to skip Cadiz and crawl our way at reduced speed to Barcelona so an extra sea day. Shame, but these things happen and at least the weather is good. Hopefully we’ll be in Barcelona on Friday morning on time. 

Yes when you think about it today she hasn’t really been moving that fast. I hope lots of people don’t kick off and make a scene. I would have rather done Cadiz and ditched Barcelona. Not having a good track record at the moment last 2 cruises missed port or completely changed itinerary 😀🚢

I’d rather have gone to Cadiz too tbh but if we can’t get there in time it’s understandable. And maybe a port like Barcelona improves the resources to repair whatever the issue is. Either way, what can you do? Not much point stressing. Like you say I hope people are civil about it as I’m sure nobody wanted to be in this situation. 

I’ve spent a day going East on a Westbound crossing so I have prior form too for unusual itineraries 😂

• Like 1

My holiday curse is getting ever more imaginative.

I've had to cancel four holidays in the past six months, for various reasons, and it looks like the reasons are starting to affect more and more people.

2 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Not having a good track record at the moment last 2 cruises missed port or completely changed itinerary 😀🚢

Can you explain your statement with facts.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

There is not an obviously large number of children onboard. Aft pool not over run at all. 

Sorry Winifred but I’ve seen both pools turned into kid splash areas at times today, and considering that I’ve been told that the aft pool is meant to be an adult only pool I presume that’s not being enforced … which does not make me happy!  Also seen (very) little kids in the hot tubs … which has a host of possible issues.  I have no problem with there being kids onboard, as longer as they are parented … but have already seen a few “free range” kid issues!

Edited by westcoasttech
  • Like 1

I had a private tour booked in Cadiz so I’ve been scrambling to cancel it.  QA have offered me some “free” internet access so I can do that, and I’m taking advantage of it to come and write a quick update.

See my post above re kids … I knew that there would be kids as it’s the summer hols, but there are more than I expected … maybe I’m just in different areas of the ship than the others that have commented.

General opinion seems to be the wish that we would skip Barcelona instead of Cadiz but with the understanding that repairs might be more efficient in BCL?  🤞 that everything can be fixed smoothly.

i booked Noir tonight in the Bright Lights society … it was cute … a bit corny!  Yes there is audience participation but they will ask you first before you are involved so if your not comfortable just say so!

I’m signed up to attempt archery tomorrow… I’ve always wanted to give it a try … wish me luck!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

No just asking is that you personally talking about missing ports or QA.

My personal missed ports experience for my last two cruises and seem to be on a roll. Other than that having a very enjoyable time and have received top notch service around the ship and some very good meals.

Posted (edited)

So far my impressions of the ship have been good. I like the design and personally it still feels Cunard to me. I like all the other ships and this one is just a bit different. We’re booked on for next summer too so I’m glad we like Anne!

That said, we’ve always either been Britannia 2nd sitting or PG. we decided to try out freedom dining this time and we won’t do it again. Despite separate queues marked  Walk-ins and Reservations they are not using them. Everyone in one queue regardless. The first night wasn’t great but first night allowances (table next to us described the service as having the flair of a dept store cafe) but last night was much worse. Stand for 30 mins before you’re seated (30 mins after our reservation time) and then another 2 hours to get through the meal. Free glass of fizz for gala night was helpful as we didn’t get a wine list or see a sommelier again. 

We saw several angry conversations with the Maitre D, and our neighbours, new to Cunard, said they wouldn’t be coming again. What a shame. The personal element has all gone - we didn’t expect to have that relationship with the same team in freedom but they’re so busy nobody has time to ask if you had a nice day. The plates are just plonked down and they have to get onto the next table. It lacks any personal touch or flair that made dining an experience on all our other trips. 

If we could switch to 2nd sitting we would but it’s full. Come at 1730 or queue was the helpful suggestion we had instead. 

Well enjoy the rest of the trip but the dining has spoiled it a bit so far. Hopefully it improves. Will definitely change our dining choice for next year when we get home. 

Edited by steeler33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have a favourable impression of Anne so far. She is very different but she is ticking all the right boxes for me. I am 2nd sitting and was reallocated a nicer table last night. Can’t fault the service and at both tables had friendly efficient waiters and hot food.

Do recognize a few of the wait staff and  a Maitre D from QV said he had been transshipped over but was going back. Insights lectures have appealed so far and have been good and what a win you can pick the talk you want to watch on T V  without having them on a continuous loop as before. Enjoyed Noir last night. I do agree with others the theatre seating could be better tiered. Chugging along at 15 knots waiting for the mist to clear. Must not forget to visit the Library and  sign the book. Hope fellow travellers are enjoying themselves and I hope Steeler33 your dining experience picks up for you. Definitely change as

soon as you get home.

Managed to get a loyalty voyage sales booking yesterday by visiting pursers desk  and have booked another Queen Anne trip for Dec 2025. Not offering reduced deposits at the moment but onboard credit at the usual rates. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear about your missing of Cadiz. Hopefully the problem can be resolved in Barcelona to avoid any further changes (and to hoping Cunard have a good warranty on the pod!)

2 hours ago, steeler33 said:

Despite separate queues marked  Walk-ins and Reservations they are not using them.

I think we were the only people using that queue during our time onboard. The problem with the two queues is people from the other queue can go ahead, even though you may have been before them.

We did enjoy freedom dining, but we'd have preferred a 1st or 2nd sitting - however, like you're facing, it was full.

Perhaps a controversial opinion, but one I will share is I'd much rather them just go back to 1st and 2nd sittings for all of Britannia. We've been turned away in the past due to open dining being full, or told to come back later. One couple on our last cruise came back an hour later after they were told, and then told to come back again in another hour!

Like you mention as well, it's hard to build up any friendliness with your waiters, as everything is done so quickly. Maybe if they brought back the standard dining like the past, it would encourage more people to try Club if they wanted anytime dining.

Edited by MylesS
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Perhaps a controversial opinion, but one I will share is I'd much rather them just go back to 1st and 2nd sittings for all of Britannia

Not controversial in this household - completely agree.

• Like 2