Cabana or not?

cambridgegirl

Are the Cabanas at Atlantis Aquaventure worth it? I think the day we are going is a busy day with lots of other cruise ships around so we were thinking of a cabana but I'm not sure if its a good idea or not? Has anyone had one and can advise?

Are the Cabanas at Atlantis Aquaventure worth it? I think the day we are going is a busy day with lots of other cruise ships around so we were thinking of a cabana but I'm not sure if its a good idea or not? Has anyone had one and can advise?

Have also just seen another comment on these boards about hurricane season- I'm guessing if we booked and paid for a cabana and the cruise didn't stop at Nassau then we would lose the money?

Do the ships often miss Nassau?

Posted (edited)

You may want to ask on the Bahamas thread.  

If you are booking the cabana thru royal caribbean and ship does not dock then Yes you would be refunded.

I have never missed a docking at Nassau but know others have due to high winds or storms.  It is rare.

Edited by Sunshine3601

We just dump our stuff on a chair near the lazy river.  The park is pretty expensive just for access. 

Baha Bay has fewer slides but is a pretty good park.  The lazy river isn't - has wave generators in it.  Food pretty good - the cruise line tour has a limited menu at "The Market" that includes large burger, fish, chicken.  DW got a kids chicken that had five large and very juicy tenders instead of the adult menu.  They weigh people getting on the five person raft.  Also, the two person float slide REQUIRES two people - can't ride by yourself.  We found this to be a good place to go instead of Aquaventure if you are not big on lots of slides.