Ovation of the Seas - Alaska

We will be on board in a couple of weeks. How dressed up are people for elegant night and other nights? I have read that it seems more casual. Are there theme nights? Is there a production show. We still don’t see where we can reserve shows in the app. Last year on Allure all of that information was available by now. Thanks

Only one show to reserve and it is in 270, we have reserved the show on two ships and neither time were any reservations checked.  Formal night you will still see some in shorts and t shirts.  I was a bit surprised to see the Flowrider up and running most days. 

1 hour ago, txmommy23 said:

How dressed up are people for elegant night and other nights? I have read that it seems more casual. 

Alaksa cruises tend to be more casual, yes. Probably a combination of the active nature of the itinerary and the fact that fleece & layers take up more room in suitcases than shorts & swimsuits, so there's not much room left for formal wear!

I've done three Alaska cruises (including Ovation last year) and I often to go dinner in the same clothes I wore in port, which is something I'm normally not comfortable doing. But jeans and fleece are typical dinner attire on those itineraries. That being said, we still enjoy dressing up for pictures at least once per cruise, and we're never the only ones in more formal attire. So if you want to dress up, you won't get funny looks. 

Sailing to Alaska on Ovation for the second time, September 6th. Formal attire is worn by a very small % of your shipmates.

Even at the Chef's Table attire is informal. 

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't think Alaska cruises are any less casual than Caribbean, especially since Caribbean cruises are quite casual these days.

Same rules apply, wear what you want.

I was going to post something similar. I was on Radiance in Alaska last month. While most people dressed fairly casual, people were dressed far more casual over the last two weeks when I was on Grandeur and Enchantment in the Caribbean.  

4 hours ago, txmommy23 said:

We will be on board in a couple of weeks. How dressed up are people for elegant night and other nights? I have read that it seems more casual. Are there theme nights? Is there a production show. We still don’t see where we can reserve shows in the app. Last year on Allure all of that information was available by now. Thanks

Thank you

37 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I was going to post something similar. I was on Radiance in Alaska last month. While most people dressed fairly casual, people were dressed far more casual over the last two weeks when I was on Grandeur and Enchantment in the Caribbean.  

Thank you

4 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Only one show to reserve and it is in 270, we have reserved the show on two ships and neither time were any reservations checked.  Formal night you will still see some in shorts and t shirts.  I was a bit surprised to see the Flowrider up and running most days. 

Thank you

40 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Thank you

Thank you

I was a bit surprised to see the Flowrider up and running most days. 

Other than mechanical or staffing issues, it’s open if the ambient temperature is above 50F.