LIVE from the Scarlet Lady 8/4-8/11

Port days/excursions:

Marseille- The plan here is to visit Plais de Longchamp via the metro. Then come back and take Le Petite train to Notre Dame. They will be having Olympic sailing events that day in port. Maybe we will see that area as well. I also want to have some bouillabaisse. Hopefully I can search some out. 
Cannes- I was really perplexed for a while with what to do here. Finally, Mr. Megan said something about how he was going to have French wine. Say no more… wine tasting in a Chateau. Mr. Megan is normal a beer guy so he must really be feeling the excitement of this trip. We shall see how it goes. 
Palma de Mallorca- heading out on a catamaran to check out a few beaches and coves with open bar and snacks. 
Ibiza- Calvin Harris at Ushuaïa for the night. Then hopefully getting up to explore the old town the next day. Gotta love overnights! 

IMG_7243.jpeg

IMG_7227.jpeg

IMG_7246.jpeg

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, rwest898 said:

We are supposed to be doing the transatlantic next year on Princess from Barcelona.  I'm very interested in your stay in Barcelona. Have a great time!

Hope I can help you out some. 😉

Just now, TravelGirlinDallas said:

What is this? Age gaps between them?

It’s where you have more than one child but they all think/act like they are the only child. Each one has a million activities, plans, and expectations based solely on what they think up… not at all considering anyone else. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

We are in a regular sea terrace on this sailing. I made some bids on rockstar suites at the 60 day mark, but now this sailing is completely sold out. Wah wah 

Slumming it again, hammock style. Somehow, I’ll survive. Send champagne. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

Managed to get here on the 2nd page. I love Barcelona, we did the hop on hop off bus & enjoyed it, stopped at La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell & Barcelona Nou Camp stadium. We also did a walking tour round the gothic quarter which was good.

Have a fabulous time, thanks for sharing your trip.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I ended up really diving in to H10 properties and for the budget (less than 200 euros a night), I decided on H10 Montcada in the Gothic district. 

We are staying at the H10 Art Gallery for our post-cruise stay later this fall. Their properties all seem very nice.

• Like 2

So excited for you and Mr. Megan. A nice European vacation before the chaos of school starts and then slide right into Meet n Great. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eric&Pam said:

We are staying at the H10 Art Gallery for our post-cruise stay later this fall. Their properties all seem very nice.

Yes, I’ve been pretty impressed so far. They let me stack promos. 
I was interested in Hotel Colon, but it was out of the price range. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, fethiyeden said:

Managed to get here on the 2nd page. I love Barcelona, we did the hop on hop off bus & enjoyed it, stopped at La Sagrada Familia, Park Guell & Barcelona Nou Camp stadium. We also did a walking tour round the gothic quarter which was good.

Have a fabulous time, thanks for sharing your trip.

My Gothic walking tour will be more of a stagger back to the hotel. 😆

• Haha 10

A few of my favorite Happenings cast members are on this sailing. Made friends with Steven the Balancer & Cris the Spark on Valiant in February. Excited to see them on this sailing. Also, I love Carlos. Hoping to be a special guest on running with Carlos on IG. 🤞🏻 I will miss Verena the artist and crowd fav Alejandro the (insert what they want him to be now). 
A few things I’ve noted while exploring the app. Looks like Asian Market will stay in the Galley for our sailing. It was exclusive to “eat and drink” month, July, but is on the app for Marseille and Ibiza nights. 
(note: I just went back into the app to look and it isn’t there now… so maybe not) 

Also, Hot in heels, a new workout class. 
(note: it’s also not in the app anymore. Crap! Wah wah)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MeganGC1983 said:

....they all think/act like they are the only child. Each one has a million activities, plans, and expectations based solely on what they think up… not at all considering anyone else. 😆

That can also include significant others (not that I would know anything about that).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Sidenote: you wanna talk about anxiety… my middle plays 🥎 this evening for the summer league, rec championship. We are down 2 players because this championship wasn’t on the schedule when it came out, so we are going to automatically take an out every 8 at bats. They are playing with only 2 outfielders instead of three. They are undefeated in this league and beat this same team 16-0 earlier this summer, yet I’m stressing out. Being a parent is tough yall. 

• Like 11

4 minutes ago, marsh-angler said:

Following. We are sailing out of Barcelona in March so any intel from there is very much appreciated. 

I’m sure March will be much cooler and more subdued but hopefully I can help you out some. 

10 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

Sidenote: you wanna talk about anxiety… my middle plays 🥎 this evening for the summer league, rec championship. We are down 2 players because this championship wasn’t on the schedule when it came out, so we are going to automatically take an out every 8 at bats. They are playing with only 2 outfielders instead of three. They are undefeated in this league and beat this same team 16-0 earlier this summer, yet I’m stressing out. Being a parent is tough yall. 

That's why sports are played.  In my son's last year of travel hockey eligibility (he was 18), his team made it to the best 2-out-of-3 finals of the playoffs, despite having the worst record in the league.  They played the team with the best record in the regular season.  Yep, it went to a winner-take-all game 3.  Ended up 0-0 after regulation, so they went to a shootout.  My son scored on his shootout attempt, not surprisingly, as he had a wicked shot that goalies couldn't catch up to (I have that goal on video).  It ended up going 11 players deep in the shootout, where they lost by 1.      

• Like 2