Airline changed flight time on us...What to do

towner

My family and I (total of 6) are booked for a Eastern Carribean cruise with Royal on Symphony of the seas in January 2025. We are arriving from BDL the day before the cruise and staying overnight. Our original return flight out of FLL was due to take off at 1:05 pm giving us plenty of time to get transportation and get to the airport on time. The airlines emailed me today changing the departure time to 11:26AM. Two questions for you...1. For those of you that have cruised out of Miami and fly out of FLL does this give me enough time to depart the ship and still have ample time to get to airport and make the flight? 2. Is there any mode of transportation you can suggest that I can set up ahead of time for the family so we don't waste time waiting for ride share uber etc. and that won't cost a small fortune?  I've been offered to cancell and reshedule a different flight but not too many choices go to BDL. Thank you for any travel tips you might pass along.

I would go over to the Florida Departures board and research the private transport companies like Larry's Limo or Jiffy Jeff. You would need to get off the ship by 8am-ish. Then you can make that flight. 

Looks like the cruise returns to Miami at 6am, so leaving the ship by 8 is doable. 
its 30 mins to FLL without traffic or 1 hour with traffic.  Looks like it’ll be a Sunday so traffic should be minimal.  Even if something goes wrong, you should be fine with a 11:30 departure. If cost is a concern, a cruise line transfer or rideshare are even likely fine to avoid the extra cost of private car service.  

You would normally be OK with that flight, but things do vary depending on your cruise line and the US CBP authorities.  When we have a flight, that early, we use express disembarkation (which means you must get your own luggage off the ship) which makes us among the first off the ship.  Normally, we will use Uber/Lyft since their prices are decent and we do not need to wait for other to share.  Figure on about an hour to get the airport (with luck you will make it in 45 min) and you would want to be at FLL by 9:30.  

Hank

I would also have Mobile Passport or Global Entry to save even more time through customs. Me, I would order a limo and not rely on Uber or Lyft. But then I'm cautious. I fly to Bradley myself and know the limited flight choices. If you don't make that early flight, you will be waiting for a flight leaving at 7 or 8.