Something seems strange about the itinerary we have booked

We are booked on 3/27 departure Lisbon to Monaco, 12 nights, on Ovation. 

We have friends who may want to join us. For more than a week when I go onto SB it all of a sudden lists all cabin categories as “unavailable” above verandah. Multiple times I have clicked onto Verandah to see what cabins are available, and I get “oops, something went wrong!”  

Today, receiving the same message, I got a weird feeling that something may be amiss. I sure hope I am wrong. We originally wanted to book sailings on the Adriatic again next year, but those were all cancelled. 

Has anyone else experienced similar, and yet all was okay? Thank you

We have had issues with the search element of the website across devices for over 2 weeks. Has just come good. Kept getting “an error has occurred try again later” messages in the Find a Cruise area. Not good for business and very frustrating.

• Like 1

Just called Seabourn to check on a cruise since the website is trash. Agent said he can't help since the whole booking engine is down. He answers the phone but can't do anything to help potential or actual travelers. Unbelievable!

30 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

Just called Seabourn to check on a cruise since the website is trash. Agent said he can't help since the whole booking engine is down. He answers the phone but can't do anything to help potential or actual travelers. Unbelievable!

No words. Seems like it’s been a mess for quite a bit, but to have the booking engine down is truly not a good thing at all. 

I honestly think that the ‘new pictures’ website are really distracting when all you really want to do is look at cruise itineraries. But that’s me. It works…..until it apparently doesn’t. 

For those who like to book directly with Seabourn, one would think they would want an easy and seamless process.  It would free up agents to deal with problems and questions from other guests.  It could also lead to fewer required agents, leading to savings, which is what all the luxury lines are trying to do.  Go figure.

• Like 2

The website is a mess.  I am trying to book flights and I keep getting the error message. I thought I would look at it before turning it over to our TA, but I am turning it over to them.

• Like 1

We do not use cruise line web sites, preferring the booking engines of several of our favorite cruise agencies (which also enhance bookings with an additional on board credit).  Looking at that March 27, Ovation cruise we see availability of V1-V4 veranda suites as well as the larger suites of O2, SS, and even the very large GR Grand Wintergarden Suite.  

Hank

I have always perused cruise line websites for itineraries, ports, and their prices. I then reach out to our TA for pricing. I just looked at our TA website, and it doesn’t give me that option, only request for a quote. I will start looking at other TA sites. Thank you. 

Seabourn still shows unavailable in all categories except Veranda, then when clicked on, the response is still ‘oops. Something went wrong”. 

Holland America has just taken over Seabourn's sales team. That is why we can't find anything on the website. The announcement was made a couple of days ago.

• Thanks 1

We have already seen them take over provisioning with quite a few mediocre outcomes.

Let’s hope they bring their techies. 
The HAL website is far superior - still too focused on pretty pictures, but it functions as it should.

I just read this on another thread. It may also explain why a pricing adjustment answer to our TAX took a longer time to get answered, with an outcome that was a bit surprising (not in the positive). 

I had not heard anything regarding provisions. If SB begins to seriously cut back in that area with negative front facing results to the customer, that could certainly cause many to look elsewhere. 

This now becoming a longstanding issue with being unable to see availability of cabins on sailings, and in fact showing none available when apparently there are, is a fantastic way to keep the ships from filling up.