Upgrade offer

We are sailing on the Vista in May 2025. We are currently in a balcony cabin on deck 8. Just received an upgrade offer to a Cloud 9 Spa balcony on deck 14 for $226. What are the pros and cons? 

A spa balcony for $226. That is a good deal, it gives you unlimited access to the Thermal Suite.  area. Which is I believe is normally like $30 a day per person. Plus you get the better soap and shampoos in the cabin. Also less crowded up there, with different decor as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, daveo6313 said:

If it is for a seven day cruise I would take it.  We do like the thermal spa area.  It is a really nice area to relax and hangout.

It is an eight day cruise.

do it, go for the cabin upgrade, unless you don't plan to use the spa at all.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1583

several minor cons:

only 2 elevators go to deck 14, vs 8 for others, in fwd section

noise from public serenity deck directly above

no roof/shade on balcony

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/Ships/VS/DeckPlans/carnival-vista-deck-plan-pdf

image.thumb.png.091be7c238e8ff0384218195740920d2.png

• Like 3

One time we were in a Spa Cabin ( not the Vista) and were below the serenity deck..youd think it would be quiet. But there were a bunch of kids ( teens I assume) running around serenity  all night making all sorts of ruckus ..we even had to call security, I felt like such a scrooge.

• Like 1

What we liked about our spa balcony room on the Splendor:

• Quiet
  • Use of spa treatments for free or certain % off
  • Fast access to the Lido deck
  • Use of thermal spa
  • We had Carnival robes 
  • Room seemed bigger, but probably wasn't
  • No kids
  • We were in the middle of the ship, no rooms above
  • Our dining room was 2 floors below

For $226, that seems to be a great deal. I think we paid $350 for ours.

• Like 3

If you have mobility issues the elevator thing is a real problem, my parents stayed on deck 14 on the Horizon and the wait for the elevator was a real challenge for them. Meanwhile we were on deck 10 and had amazing elevator service. 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for all the information. Based on your input, I called my Carnival PVP and purchased the upgrade. However, in addition to the input about the elevators, she also said the balconies on deck 14 were not covered. Due to these factors she was able to get the same upgrade price on deck 12. I think we will be happy with this choice.

Again, thank you for your input/advice.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, we b cruzin said:

Thanks everyone for all the information. Based on your input, I called my Carnival PVP and purchased the upgrade. However, in addition to the input about the elevators, she also said the balconies on deck 14 were not covered. Due to these factors she was able to get the same upgrade price on deck 12. I think we will be happy with this choice.

Again, thank you for your input/advice.

I have gotten my best naps on those heated loungers..

• Like 2

On 8/1/2024 at 3:04 PM, we b cruzin said:

THAT is even more awesome.  Balcony would be covered and you'll have more frequent elevator service.  

• Like 2