Classic Drink Package and Sauvignon Blanc Wine

HBDave

I'm basically a beer drinker but, I enjoy a couple glasses of Sauvignon Blanc wine with dinner. On previously Celebrity Cruises a house Sauvignon Blanc wine was included in the Classic Package. All of the drink menus I'm seeing now have Sauvignon Blanc at $15 and up. Trying to decide if I need to upgrade to the Premium Package. Thanks!

1 minute ago, HBDave said:

I'm basically a beer drinker but, I enjoy a couple glasses of Sauvignon Blanc wine with dinner. On previously Celebrity Cruises a house Sauvignon Blanc wine was included in the Classic Package. All of the drink menus I'm seeing now have Sauvignon Blanc at $15 and up. Trying to decide if I need to upgrade to the Premium Package. Thanks!

The Celebrity app is showing a Gran Araucaria, Sauvignon Blanc from Chile at $10 a glass in the MDR and Cellar Masters.  Cellar Masters is also showing a Norpho Helena Sauvignon Blanc from Chile also at $10.  

I recommend you open up the Celebrity app for your cruise and look at the varius menus for dining and bars they may be the same and there may be others. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, zitsky said:

SB from Chile is one of my favorites.   It doesn’t have as much of the grapefruit that NZ SB have.  More like California style.

There are a lot of people who favor the NZ over the Chile version and vice versa.  All I can say is that we received a bottle of SB in our SS and it was so bad I poured it out and complained to the Retreat Concierge. 

As for me, I'll stick to my reds.

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

There are a lot of people who favor the NZ over the Chile version and vice versa.  All I can say is that we received a bottle of SB in our SS and it was so bad I poured it out and complained to the Retreat Concierge. 

As for me, I'll stick to my reds.

There is no accounting for taste.  If you are ever in Chile, near Valparaiso, I highly recommend a winery called Casas del Bosque.  They make very nice Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Noir.  It's not a pretentious place, but the grounds are very nice.  And there is a restaurant.  I have been there twice over 5 years.

• Like 1

For any type of wine you want just ask the waiter for it and show him/her your card.  They have every type available within the limits for the Classic package.  And if they don't they might substitute a higher priced wine at no charge. Taste it when it comes to you and if you like it, ask what it was for future reference.  We found that many bars had a variety and you couldn't always get what you wanted (Classic or Premium).  And if you don't really like it, move to another bar and order it again as you might get a different Brand or order something else.  We ordered Sauvignon Blanc several times and I don't remember getting one I didn't like.

1 hour ago, LiveToCruise99 said:

For any type of wine you want just ask the waiter for it and show him/her your card.  They have every type available within the limits for the Classic package.  And if they don't they might substitute a higher priced wine at no charge. Taste it when it comes to you and if you like it, ask what it was for future reference.  We found that many bars had a variety and you couldn't always get what you wanted (Classic or Premium).  And if you don't really like it, move to another bar and order it again as you might get a different Brand or order something else.  We ordered Sauvignon Blanc several times and I don't remember getting one I didn't like.

Perfect! Thank You

I can’t tell you what the different varieties of wines will be on any specific ship or sailing.  But the bars and restaurant menus do not list every option available.  With the Classic Package, simply order a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and one will be found for you.  If a venue is out of the wine in your price point they will pour you a glass of wine either in the Premium Package or generally only available by the bottle…no extra charge.

45 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I can’t tell you what the different varieties of wines will be on any specific ship or sailing.  But the bars and restaurant menus do not list every option available.  With the Classic Package, simply order a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and one will be found for you.  If a venue is out of the wine in your price point they will pour you a glass of wine either in the Premium Package or generally only available by the bottle…no extra charge.

Thanks, I've never had an issue in the past, but will all of the price increase's I didn't know.