shore excursions on kangaroo island

2 hours ago, snag said:

Hi, could you please tell me if you can walk off and see some of kangaroo island without doing a tour? Thanks snag

If you walk out of the tender dock and head around to your left and the green house across the road (ask the volunteer guide to point it out), the sculpture walk is very interesting.  There are several paths to meander, some interesting historic points of interest, and some great metal sculptures.  Well worth doing, and a very enjoyable walk.

9 hours ago, snag said:

Hi, could you please tell me if you can walk off and see some of kangaroo island without doing a tour? Thanks snag

Yes , it probably the best thing to do , I wasn’t really impressed with the tour I did.

Walk up to the pub and sometimes they have markets .

13 hours ago, snag said:

To really experience KI, you need to do a tour. There are no (or very few) taxis on the island and no Ubers. KI is gorgeous and the wildlife is spectacular. The island is bigger than you would expect. I did a ship's tour that was full day and totally enjoyed all of it. It included Seal Beach, Remarkable Rocks, lunch, a honey shop, a morning tea stop with fresh and amazing oysters, and more. It took at least an hour if not more to drive from the tender dock to the farthest point on the tour. In fact, I'm going back to Australia next year and spending 4 days on KI so I can see more of the island. If you don't want to do a ship's tour, there are many private tour companies on KI, however, not all of them will refund your money if the ship doesn't make the island due to weather.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Jamietravelstheworld said:

To really experience KI, you need to do a tour. There are no (or very few) taxis on the island and no Ubers. KI is gorgeous and the wildlife is spectacular. The island is bigger than you would expect. I did a ship's tour that was full day and totally enjoyed all of it. It included Seal Beach, Remarkable Rocks, lunch, a honey shop, a morning tea stop with fresh and amazing oysters, and more. It took at least an hour if not more to drive from the tender dock to the farthest point on the tour. In fact, I'm going back to Australia next year and spending 4 days on KI so I can see more of the island. If you don't want to do a ship's tour, there are many private tour companies on KI, however, not all of them will refund your money if the ship doesn't make the island due to weather.

We did a similar tour some years back. It was a very interesting day. Yes, it is a long distance between the Backstairs Passage and those Remarkable Rocks. 😉