Linked Reservation Help

Hi all,  looking for a little help.  I'm a frequent Royal and Celebrity cruiser, but doing only my second NCL cruise next year (last one was close to ten years ago).  Wife and I are traveling with another couple. Bookings done separately buy by same TA.  On Royal and Celebrity, I can easily see the linked reservations and can book things (excursions, etc.) for any and all parties in either of the bookings.  I'm struggling on NCL to do the same. TA has confirmed they are linked, but I can't see them.  I'm trying to book an excursion for myself and one person in the other room.  Am I missing something, or is this not possible on NCL?

I don't think you can see linked reservations. For dining, you don't need to do anything except book a table for the number of people. To book excursions, I just called the excursion desk and they were able to book everyone as long as I had reservation #s and gave them credit card #s. They were more than happy to accept money LOL. 

You're not missing anything, and you're not alone (I did the same thing last year and was convinced I was just not looking in the right place). It is definitely startling if you're used to other lines that let you see proof of linkage when you are logged in, but you won't see anything when you are logged in on NCL or get any kind of email notification that they are linked. Just have to trust that it was done.

If you don't want to call, then one person from each reservation will have to log in and book, separately.  

9 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Just to add, as far as I know, there is absolutely no advantage to linking reservations.

My husband would disagree with you, b/c not having linked reservations means he has to actually log in and do things instead of me doing all of the things for the whole family LOL. (I refuse to try to keep track of log in information for multiple NCL accounts, sadly for him haha.)

For a non-nuclear family, I do agree. It's just kind of a pain for a nuclear family split across reservations b/c, even with the same PCC for both, they have to access multiple reservations and repeat all the activities. 

1 minute ago, cmph said:

My husband would disagree with you, b/c not having linked reservations means he has to actually log in and do things instead of me doing all of the things for the whole family LOL. (I refuse to try to keep track of log in information for multiple NCL accounts, sadly for him haha.)

For a non-nuclear family, I do agree. It's just kind of a pain for a nuclear family split across reservations b/c, even with the same PCC for both, they have to access multiple reservations and repeat all the activities. 

??? What did I miss?? You just said that you have to call on each reservation unless you know everyone's login and password. 

20 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Just to add, as far as I know, there is absolutely no advantage to linking reservations.

I believe that you are correct.  I've discussed this with NCL agents on at least two occasions and was told consistently that a) yes they could link them in their system and b) it really does nothing useful for the passengers.

11 minutes ago, julig22 said:

??? What did I miss?? You just said that you have to call on each reservation unless you know everyone's login and password. 

I meant that, in order to avoid calling, if you want to book things yourself online in your own time - you have to have login and password info to access separate reservations. I recognize that plenty of people find it easiest to call. If you're a few hours away from that time zone, not as easy.

14 minutes ago, cmph said:

I meant that, in order to avoid calling, if you want to book things yourself online in your own time - you have to have login and password info to access separate reservations. I recognize that plenty of people find it easiest to call. If you're a few hours away from that time zone, not as easy.

A process that is no different if you have linked cabins or you don't have linked cabins. Linking cabins does not give you access to other reservations.

50 minutes ago, cmph said:

But if, as others are saying, linking the cabins doesn’t allow your husband to do those things then there is no benefit to linking them.

I think that what you are saying is that your husband would like linking the cabins to allow him to book things for multiple cabins without having to log in, which I agree would probably be useful for some people. The problem is that it doesn’t allow that (apparently) on NCL.

3 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

But if, as others are saying, linking the cabins doesn’t allow your husband to do those things then there is no benefit to linking them.

I think that what you are saying is that your husband would like linking the cabins to allow him to book things for multiple cabins without having to log in, which I agree would probably be useful for some people. The problem is that it doesn’t allow that (apparently) on NCL.

Yes, thank you for correctly interpreting my hastily dashed off follow-up! (Except for the husband wanting to do it part... he wants ME to do it lol.) For whatever reason, my brain read julig22's post #4 as a general comment, not specific to NCL, and reservation linking is useful everywhere else I've encountered. And yes, I realize I'm on an NCL board at the moment - the synapses were not firing apparently! 

We are a family of 7 who books connecting cabins. Restaurants reservations are easy, just book for 8. Booking excursions means I need to log into each cabin with separate usernames.