Freedom! Live From The Freedom of the Seas 8/11-18, 2024

2 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

That is too funny that you are going on the same ship as me again 🤣. What are the odds.

Any questions that pop up ask away and I will try to find out 😀

Congratulations on your weight it is not easy but so worth it, and I can't wait to let loose next week. I officially did not get the dining plan this time so at least I won't be over eating just for my money's worth 😅. No al bacon to tempt me either and the Cafe promenade snacks just don't measure up.

Sure I will still end up over indulging somehow 🤪.

I'm using the same group again, always a wonderful experience booking with them.

Thanks for following along!!

Glad to hear you didn't get the dining plan, because now I can see how this ship does with the complimentary food since that's what we will be eating. It wasn't all that great on our Oasis. But lucky you didn't have to experience it. 😜

I just can't express how excited I am to be following along this week. It's like going on a pre-cruise before the cruise! And I can't believe it's happening again either. Maybe one day will be on the same cruise again 😊

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

Glad to hear you didn't get the dining plan, because now I can see how this ship does with the complimentary food since that's what we will be eating. It wasn't all that great on our Oasis. But lucky you didn't have to experience it. 😜

I just can't express how excited I am to be following along this week. It's like going on a pre-cruise before the cruise! And I can't believe it's happening again either. Maybe one day will be on the same cruise again 😊

Their complimentary food is one of the selling points of the paid dining 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Up and at em!

Definitely moving slow this morning. I jammed my finger pretty badly at work and it's pretty sore. Made it hard to sleep. 

But it's all good now because IT'S CRUISE DAY 🥳.

Getting my final items packed and a couple things done around the house and we are off to join the Freedom. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

-1.4 and I am officially at my goal weight according to the medical charts, 178.0. Well, at least for one day 😆

image.thumb.png.5cf2f8b60da72de50517742590ba14b0.png

That's great! You made your goal before you sail! 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

That's great! You made your goal before you sail! 

Not quite, the goal is 170 so that I can have a little room to fluctuate before being classified "overweight" but this is still a very good milestone 👍 😀

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

Not quite, the goal is 170 so that I can have a little room to fluctuate before being classified "overweight" but this is still a very good milestone 👍 😀

I understand. That's our goal too. But it still feels good to see a goal met. You've done great!

I have a mission for you that could cause problems with your goals. Find something on this cruise that is Al Bacon worthy. Just mentioning it had me dreaming about that place last night. 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluewater1298 said:

I understand. That's our goal too. But it still feels good to see a goal met. You've done great!

I have a mission for you that could cause problems with your goals. Find something on this cruise that is Al Bacon worthy. Just mentioning it had me dreaming about that place last night. 🤣

Sometimes the desserts are surprisingly good at Cafe promenade but it's like finding a needle in bland haystack. If I come across it I will let you know 😀.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jam19872016 said:

Sometimes the desserts are surprisingly good at Cafe promenade but it's like finding a needle in bland haystack. If I come across it I will let you know 😀.

Sometimes is the operative word.☺️

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sometimes is the operative word.☺️

Indeed.

Honestly I have enjoyed so few dessert lately that as long as they don't completly suck I'll be enjoying them still.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Rolling out at 806. Would have been five minutes sooner but I had a kitty who demanded some attention before I left so I gave her some petting before I abandon her...her mom just got back from a week long trip herself...poor thing.

Two stops to make and I got the radio cranked and an energy drink popped as I head out 

Its like the song on the radio was just for me

Sexy back 🎶 

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Does Cafe Promenade still have Almond/Amaretta Cookies.  As I recall, they were shaped like a crescent.  One of my favorite cruise ship cookies of all!  If not what (and where) is the best cookie on the ship?  My DH and I like to have a cookie after lunch. We do not go for all the fancy, tasteless, desserts that are in the Lido.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Does Cafe Promenade still have Almond/Amaretta Cookies.  As I recall, they were shaped like a crescent.  One of my favorite cruise ship cookies of all!  If not what (and where) is the best cookie on the ship?  My DH and I like to have a cookie after lunch. We do not go for all the fancy, tasteless, desserts that are in the Lido.

I'll be on the lookout 👀

• Like 1

In line at 952, they have not opened the terminal yet, probably at 10 if memory serves me correctly.

My check in time is noon but they usually don't enforce it if you are here before it gets busy. Hopefully that will still be true today.

• Like 2

And I'm seated at 1009 waiting to board. Only the second person in non priority waiting area.

Gonna knock out the safety video while I wait.

The fan almost didn't make it through security. Supervisor came over and said it was fine it was celebrity that didn't allow it. I know that to not be true but it's not my battle today. 

@bluewater1298 no couples on the shuttle today almost a private transfer just one other guy. 

• Like 5

Posted (edited)

First task was to check in and get my mustard. That's done. Then I hightailed it up to Viking Crown Lounge except I forgot how to use an elevator apperently because I did not tell it where I was going so had to take a detour.

Here now, I'm going to leave my stuff here, few people wander up this high but of you do please don't take my bags I'm carry on only. 

Going to see about some lunch.

20240811_110559.thumb.jpg.07143287b8dbe792543291b37aec1136.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 5

Got my dining plans taken care of for the cruise. They are going to let me use my bogo for another night than tonight so I am gonna get some Giovanni's pizza for lunch when it opens 😋.

Took some Windjammer pics that I will post later but spoiler alert....no seafood buffet like Icon. 

• Like 2