Freedom! Live From The Freedom of the Seas 8/11-18, 2024

It's been more than a decade since we tendered with Royal at Grand Cayman so I can't remember their process. When we were on Celebrity this year, we received timed tickets (day before) to board the tender for early departures. I know you're going late in the day so it's probably not the same, but do you know how they allow early morning people to board the tender? Just curious. 🤔

Hope you enjoy your ride! 😊

• Like 1

Just now, bluewater1298 said:

It's been more than a decade since we tendered with Royal at Grand Cayman so I can't remember their process. When we were on Celebrity this year, we received timed tickets (day before) to board the tender for early departures. I know you're going late in the day so it's probably not the same, but do you know how they allow early morning people to board the tender? Just curious. 🤔

Hope you enjoy your ride! 😊

I'm afraid I was in a deep sleep and have no idea. I have to imagine on a ship this large, the process is not going to be as smooth as on Celebrity. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

Freedom is on the 2000 point list and while it is one of the few seven day options on that list, I'll never make it. I've had exactly three bonus games all cruise. One was a nice hit but did literally nothing afterwards. The other two were those lowball wins that you think "really, that's a bonus".

Someone bought her a drink and she had to decline for "medical reasons". That could mean anything but naturally I assume this will be her last contract for at least nine months.

Yes the rowboat towed behind Monarch seems the only thing attainable at this point so long as Andrew is in charge or the rowing!

Sorry to hear about Darla. I agreed, I think you're a little bit smitten. Maybe you should find out her plans before you leave.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear about Darla. I agreed, I think you're a little bit smitten. Maybe you should find out her plans before you leave.

That sounds stalkerish 😆

She has a FB page for fans to follow from an acceptable distance 😜.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

That sounds stalkerish 😆

She has a FB page for fans to follow from an acceptable distance 😜.

I'm sorry. I guess you're right. I just thought you were becoming friends. I'm not up on social media. Remember, you got me out of lurking mode on this site. Probably speak more than I should now.

• Like 1

I'm sorry. I guess you're right. I just thought you were becoming friends. I'm not up on social media. Remember, you got me out of lurking mode on this site. Probably speak more than I should now.

No such thing as speaking more than you should 😀

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

All right let's do this 

20240815_164359.thumb.jpg.84b061dd49857979bac5d4c54c9b591b.jpg

Why not just go for a brisk walk on deck the deck 12 "running track"?? 

Just kidding.....it's more like the deck 12 obstacle course, we always get a chuckle at the people trying to get their serious jogs in when the deck is jammed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Why not just go for a brisk walk on deck the deck 12 "running track"?? 

Just kidding.....it's more like the deck 12 obstacle course, we always get a chuckle at the people trying to get their serious jogs in when the deck is jammed. 

Yes it's a terrible location. I used the deck 4 promenade the other day. Much better option. I seem to recall it usually has a sign asking not to use it as a walking track (cabins below I imagine) but it is absent from this one.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jam19872016 said:

Yes it's a terrible location. I used the deck 4 promenade the other day. Much better option. I seem to recall it usually has a sign asking not to use it as a walking track (cabins below I imagine) but it is absent from this one.

We do it all the time on that deck, always empty and great views. Doesn't it say don't use as a jogging track though? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

We do it all the time on that deck, always empty and great views. Doesn't it say don't use as a jogging track though? 

I did not see that sign this time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Couldn’t cope with an inside cabin as I’m far too claustrophobic. Anyway, I like to be able to look out if I wake in the night.

Yes, sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and walk out on the balcony to see if any lights are visible... islands or ships. That is also the first thing I do when I get up in the morning.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jam19872016 said:

I use deck 4 all the time on Freedom class ships to walk (on Independence right now). You get the added bonus of going up and down stairs when you are at the front of the ship. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I use deck 4 all the time on Freedom class ships to walk (on Independence right now). You get the added bonus of going up and down stairs when you are at the front of the ship. 

I cheated and cut across the elevator lobby. Inclines do me in.

• Like 2

Lime and coconut

17238445548998853641944024478064.thumb.jpg.b059ebae61ed6289e3353b02300faa82.jpg

Enjoying this one indoors.

Per local regulations, the only bar serving alcohol is Lime & Coconut. I counted twelve bartenders and saw many bar servers walking the decks and I had no trouble getting served.

Don't tell Grand Cayman, but there is also bar service up in Viking Crown Lounge. Perhaps they walk down to Lime and Coconut to fill the order. 

• Like 2