Wondering if anyone has ever received a notification like this

It seems very odd.  Wondering if it’s a phishing exercise, but then they would have to have access to CC to post, I would think.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

It seems very odd.  Wondering if it’s a phishing exercise, but then they would have to have access to CC to post, I would think.

I think it is possible that your ISP mail server is bouncing CC notifications as spam, generating a complaint back to the CC postmaster.

All the same, the language of that message seems a bit suss. Perhaps report your above post to CC and get them to confirm it is a legit notification you are getting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Stranger and stranger.  Right now I'm on my desktop, and no red arrow, and no red block message.  When I try my iPhone, it's there again.  Why would it be springing up on only one device?  Also, I've scouted around CC, but can't seem to find where I should report this.  Thanks in advance....

47 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Stranger and stranger.  Right now I'm on my desktop, and no red arrow, and no red block message.  When I try my iPhone, it's there again.  Why would it be springing up on only one device?  Also, I've scouted around CC, but can't seem to find where I should report this.  Thanks in advance....

Scroll up to post 8437 (numbered in top right corner). Beside that are 3 dots - click there, then report post and select the one about the post being OK, but wanting them to check it out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2024 at 11:49 PM, Mareblu said:

Just wondering if anyone has ever received a notification like this one on my CC page today:

IMG_6281.jpeg

Hello @Mareblu

Your post & the replies have been split out to be a new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic.

Send an email to CC Help Michell, UGC Content Coordinator, at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Be sure to mention your user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your email address of record. Please include information such as your device, browser and screen shots too.

Hope this will be helpful!

Host Kat

2 minutes ago, Host Kat said:

Hello @Mareblu

Your post & the replies have been split out to be a new thread on the Need Help Using the Forums? Check Here! forum where it will be on topic.

Send an email to CC Help Michell, UGC Content Coordinator, at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record. Be sure to mention your user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your email address of record. Please include information such as your device, browser and screen shots too.

Hope this will be helpful!

Host Kat

Thanks Host Kat.  I’ve already reported it following @arxcards advice.  I will follow your advice also.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Thanks Host Kat.  I’ve already reported it following @arxcards advice.  I will follow your advice also.

@Mareblu

You are most welcome and glad to be of service!

Yes, the Report you made is why I moved your post & replies to this forum where it would be on topic. That is why I posted my reply above regarding your next step of sending the email. 

Edited to add additional information:

Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time, but maybe your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row from Cruise Critic would be spam, they bounce one of the Cruise Critic emails back to Cruise Critic. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced back to Cruise Critic by your email provider, then the Cruise Critic software automatically stops sending any further notification emails. 

Explain the above possible bounce back situation in your email. Ask if the situation applies to your Cruise Critic account. IIRC, CC Help Michell can investigate for the bounce back situation and possibly correct.

BTW, if your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please click here: How To: Update your Cruise Critic Email Address

Hope this additional information will be helpful!

Edited by Host Kat
Additional information.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/7/2024 at 5:46 AM, Essiesmom said:

I bet those because I no longer use my original email address, although most emails that go to that address are rerouted to the current address.  EM

Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic message board notifications. I have all my Notifications Settings set to Notification List. That way after I log in, I can just click the Notifications Bell (located upper right to the left of my user name over the small Search bubble in the second blue bar above). A small pop-up clickable list of my Notifications will appear. I scroll to the bottom of the small pop-up box & click View all notifications. I then have a full-page clickable list on my laptop to work from. I keep the page open as I work the boards using other open pages. That way, I can just refresh the page to see if there are any new notifications since the last time I checked.

Now that's how I work my notifications just so I do not have to mess with a boat load of emails regarding the boards! 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi posting here as I can't find where to post

I can't change my email address, I have tried as per instructions but is still the same.

Just get this message if I try to change it

"You've already submitted a request. - request.submitted"

I'm not using the current email listed.

Currently not receiving notifications..

Regards

Edited by Ozwoody

8 hours ago, Ozwoody said:

Hi posting here as I can't find where to post

I can't change my email address, I have tried as per instructions but is still the same.

Just get this message if I try to change it

"You've already submitted a request. - request.submitted"

I'm not using the current email listed.

Currently not receiving notifications..

Regards

Hello @Ozwoody

Regarding your email situation, please contact CC Help Michell, UGC Content Coordinator, at help@cruisecritic.com. Mention your Cruise Critic user name and current Cruise Critic email address of record as well as what you want your new Cruise Critic email address to be. Also Include your device, browser and any screen shots that may be helpful.

Regarding your Notifications on your Followed threads or forums, remember they are automatically sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If it is not current & valid, your Notifications will not be received. Therefore, all members need to keep their Cruise Critic email addresses of record current. Also, they need to have the email address community@cruisecritic.com whitelisted or on their safe senders list in their Address Book contacts.

To make sure your current Notifications for Followed threads or forums are all set correctly for your preference, click here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails, 

Host Kat

7 hours ago, Host Kat said:

Hello @Ozwoody

Regarding your email situation, please contact CC Help Michell, UGC Content Coordinator, at help@cruisecritic.com. Mention your Cruise Critic user name and current Cruise Critic email address of record as well as what you want your new Cruise Critic email address to be. Also Include your device, browser and any screen shots that may be helpful.

Regarding your Notifications on your Followed threads or forums, remember they are automatically sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If it is not current & valid, your Notifications will not be received. Therefore, all members need to keep their Cruise Critic email addresses of record current. Also, they need to have the email address community@cruisecritic.com whitelisted or on their safe senders list in their Address Book contacts.

To make sure your current Notifications for Followed threads or forums are all set correctly for your preference, click here: How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

Happy sails, 

Host Kat

Thanks Kat

I have sent Michell and email.

Appreciate your reply.

Regards

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1