First time 3 Night Dining Package, some questions

Hi all,

As a RC Diamond cruiser we've always dined at the MDR with the one exception of Chops for my birthday last year. The reason is primarily because of the age of my children: bring toddlers to a specialty restaurant didn't seem appealing to us. Anyway, they're older now so we purchased the 3 night dining package for our upcoming cruise on Wonder. Some questions:

1. - I read the recommendation to immediately go to Izumi upon boarding to reserve the restaurants. We need Izumi because we want to book the Hibachi experience (our kids love Benihanas, so this will be fun). Any other tips?
  2. - We definitely want to do Chops and Izumi w/Hibachi.
  3. - I believe most regular items are included at Chops, except a few special steaks?
  4. - For the 3rd restaurant we're deciding between:
  5. * 150 Central Park
    * Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
  6. Any recommendations? We haven't been to either.

Thanks!

You might read the small print as I think izumi has a upcharge. To me not good with a dining pkg. Just me. I know for UDP has a upcharge, not sure about 3 night. 

We dont know what ship you booked so it's hard to make recommendations but with kids I'd book wonderland first. With the menus you paint with water, my waiter sang to me, and all, wou,d be fun with kids. I'm on harmony. 

Izumi Hibachi has an up charge of maybe $15 pp (not sure about the children's cost), sushi has a prix fixe menu or you get $39.99 pp to spend.  We always enjoy Giovanni's but the entrée portions are big!  My husband and son usually help out with finishing my and my daughter-in-law's meals though😁  With children, I would do Giovanni's but I am sure someone else will chime in too.  As for Chops, On my way! ships have a few items that are un up charge (seafood tower appetizers and lobster come to mind) but that has never been an issue for us, the menu has several items to choose from.

3 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

I agree with MandyMooToo. With Children, I would definitely do Giovanni's over Park 150. Both from the atmosphere to the menu. Of course, you also have Hooked, which I really have enjoyed. If you enjoy seafood, that is another dining option. 

And I will toss in a +1 for Giovannis with kids. 

Posted (edited)

You don't mention your kids' ages, but I tend to agree with the consensus that Giovanni's would be a better fit than 150 CP. That's hard for me to admit because I am a HUGE fan of 150 CP, but unless they are adolescents with fairly sophisticated tastes, they would probably enjoy Giovanni's more.

Edited by la_croisiere_s'amuse