Kusadasi and Ephesus

Windstar has an exclusive agreement with the local government to have these events for Windstar ships only.

The only chance of cancellation is rain.

There is no Plan B for a rainy evening.

But in the Summer it very rarely rains in Kusadasi.

Windstar may have some kind of exclusive agreement, but they are not the only cruise line or ships that have the dinner/music in Ephesus .  We were on a Seabourn cruise (I liked their itinerary better than WS) in April last year and they had the same Ephesus dinner and music.  Unfortunately, rain is not unusual in late April and after off and on rain showers most of the day (but not enough to keep us from touring Ephesus), the dinner special was cancelled.

• Like 2

On 8/8/2024 at 5:01 PM, Donald said:

Windstar has an exclusive agreement with the local government to have these events for Windstar ships only.

Strange. I've read several reviews from people sailing on other cruise lines where they mentioned a cruise line sponsored dinner in Ephesus.

7 hours ago, mnocket said:

Strange. I've read several reviews from people sailing on other cruise lines where they mentioned a cruise line sponsored dinner in Ephesus.

Check the details.  I haven't seen one quite like Windstar's description [haven't experienced it, and the different format we were promised on Crystal was cancelled due to weather]

It seems that all the cruise lines that some kind of dinner event at Ephesus say it is their "exclusive".  I suspect that there are minor differences between the events so they can make this claim.  One has dinner in the Library, another in the large amphitheater, another perhaps in the walkway between them, or some other specific area.  They may use different types of groups for the music: a string quartet vs a small orchestra.  There are several ways the event can be designed/organized so that each company can claim theirs is "exclusive" while there are actually several very similar events.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2024 at 4:01 PM, Donald said:

That's not 100%, Windstar like to lie about this.

Seabourn have a similar arrangement where they also have dinner/music at Harbour Road in Ephesus. Yes Windstar are allowed to use Celcus library when the passenger count is under something like 220, but if the Surf or Star Class yachts are over 200 pax they use the Harbour Road just like Seabourn.

On 8/8/2024 at 11:01 AM, Donald said:

I was on Azamara at the music and we came back to port  before Windstar guests.our CD was going to sing opera but your ship had great music outside,chefs and waiters And more. I was on my balcony loving the music home.