Live from the Celebration 08/10/24 ABC's

Debarkation was a breeze. We were off the ship by 7:15. We are at the airport here in Fort Lauderdale at 9:30 at our gate. I will do summary of our cruise later today.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

Enjoyed following you on your cruise, safe travels!

Thanks, we are at our northern home now.  Safe and sound altho a lot of sidewinds during landing which made everyone. little nervous

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Journey11 said:

Over already? I’ve enjoyed following along.

Yes, safe travels home for all of you.

Ha, I feel the same way.  8 day cruise over in a snap.

OK, hectic few days, time for a summary.  This was a cruise we did for some family and fiends.  We typically do not cruise the Caribbean in the summer time.  The itinerary is one of our favorites, We truly enjoy the 8 day ABC, it ranks among our most favorite.  

We have had issues in more than a couple of our latest cruises with hurricanes.  Some very significant and some not so much.  This was one of the latter.  It altered our pre cruise plans, a [preventative measure, and it worked, for a price.  In the end, we would have been fine, but who knew....  

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The ship.  We have sailed the Celebration (the new one) 3 times now.   We will be back on her in November for a 7 day eastern.  We have enjoyed all, but all 3 were sold out sailings.  I was shocked at how many New Yorkers were on the ship.  Also very surprised at the number of blue and red cards, the Carnival plan is working.  

The ship offers a lot, especially in food options.  There are almost too many options.  On this cruise, we ate breakfast almost exclusively in Pig and Anchor (except the last day).  For us it works.  Lunch was all over the place Lido, Guys, Blue Iguana, Pizza, Deli, and Big Shaq.

For dinner it was the MDR and Cucina and Steakhouse.

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 5

The cabin.  we usually book speciality cabins, for this cruise, our kids wanted to be near us so we were all on port side floor 11. We had the hump cabin, they were all forward of us (recessed).  The Lanai is def bigger, I did enjoy the space, being in the fish bowl aspect not so much.  Would I do it again?  prob better than 50/50.

• Like 4

It is clear that Carnival is not having problem filling this ship.  For us, it certainly does not add to the draw to sail her during summer or spring break times (we do it for the kids and their kids).  Our next sailing on the Celebration will be n November and will be interested to see the difference if any.  The ship does a fair job of dispersing the people with one exception.  That is the MDR.  On the two big cruise elegant nights, they struggle with the process.  This is not a people (crew) problem, but my view is they need to find a better way.

Next up for us is Celebration November 10 with more family, this time in Excel Aft suite.  Thanks for following along. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2024 at 2:03 PM, straitlover1965 said:

Was that Hampton Inn at the beginning of your review at Orlando or FLL? Looking for a hotel at both places, exact location please. 🙂

Ft Lauderdale

11 hours ago, TravelWith FunShips said:

Are you going to upload the Funtimes for this cruise?

We are visiting but think I have most, if I do I will take pics and post.