steam room and sauna

I am on the LIberty of the Seas  I know there is a charge to use the spa but are the steam rooms and sauna free   I know with many of the cruise lines they are in the changing room 

2 hours ago, DarthGrady said:

I believe they are still free to use on the Freedom Class ships (to include Liberty), they are located in the locker room area adjacent to the gym.

Amazing - I was just thinking of asking this question.  Hubby would like to know if there is a sauna on Freedom?  So sounds like there will be?

Thanks,

NJ

• Like 1

On 8/9/2024 at 3:39 PM, NJ&Ozzie said:

Amazing - I was just thinking of asking this question.  Hubby would like to know if there is a sauna on Freedom?  So sounds like there will be?

Thanks,

NJ

According to this google docs link, there is no free sauna as of June 2023:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Y9_jvhkdVfy9MQHE_rUYCCr125voTnmyX7LpcK8KSw/edit?gid=0#gid=0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trafaelwyr said:

According to this google docs link, there is no free sauna as of June 2023:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Y9_jvhkdVfy9MQHE_rUYCCr125voTnmyX7LpcK8KSw/edit?gid=0#gid=0

ok - guess it is a "wait & see".  but fingers crossed that it does exist!  maybe our cruise reviewer on Freedom can give us the lowdown.

NJ

On 8/10/2024 at 10:34 PM, NJ&Ozzie said:

ok - guess it is a "wait & see".  but fingers crossed that it does exist!  maybe our cruise reviewer on Freedom can give us the lowdown.

NJ

It was removed on Freedom during her "amplification" sadly. She is a great ship other than that. But so are her sisters (Liberty and Indy) so I will stick with them in the future!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 8:37 AM, jasong38501 said:

It was removed on Freedom during her "amplification" sadly. She is a great ship other than that. But so are her sisters (Liberty and Indy) so I will stick with them in the future!

Freedom was one of our favorite ships before it was destroyed with the so-called amplification. All they did was amplify the number of passengers, while removing wonderful complimentary amenities. Such a shame.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2024 at 10:34 PM, NJ&Ozzie said:

NJ

Very sad if FoS no longer has sauna/steam, we’re on her for New Years.  Too bad. 

On 8/25/2024 at 7:52 AM, Airbear232 said:

Very sad if FoS no longer has sauna/steam, we’re on her for New Years.  Too bad. 

Sorry to say, no "if"--these are gone on Freedom, Voyager, and Navigator (the nice fitness center locker rooms with complimentary steam and sauna facilities).

I was very disappointed when Freedom removed any trace of a steam/sauna room.  Cabins took it's space.....$$$$$$$$$ is the bottom line.  Was just on Rhapsody and it's steam/sauna was intact and working beautifully.  

3 hours ago, Surfguyxxx said:

I was very disappointed when Freedom removed any trace of a steam/sauna room.  Cabins took it's space.....$$$$$$$$$ is the bottom line.  Was just on Rhapsody and it's steam/sauna was intact and working beautifully.  

The easy fix is don’t book Freedom if a sauna/steam room(s) is important to you. On a related topic, a pool in the Solarium is important to me, which is why I have no plans to book a cruise on Harmony again. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2024 at 9:00 PM, CntPAcruiser said:

Sorry to say, no "if"--these are gone on Freedom, Voyager, and Navigator (the nice fitness center locker rooms with complimentary steam and sauna facilities).

One of the things I always looked forward to on Royal were these amenities - a good gym, lockers, steam and sauna.  These are more important to me than waterslides and other features.  Do you know if they've added a for pay thermal suite to FoS within the spa? 

On Oasis class ships and Utopia the showers and locker rooms are a deck below the gym, Easy to head down the stairs and use. No one says anything. Unfortunately, the steam and sauna have a charge.

Deck plans of Icon show gym is on decks 5 & 6 while spa is on decks 14&15.

On 8/9/2024 at 12:06 PM, Fayetheatre said:

I am on the LIberty of the Seas  I know there is a charge to use the spa but are the steam rooms and sauna free   I know with many of the cruise lines they are in the changing room 

The steam rooms and saunas are still free to use at the gym.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2024 at 3:05 PM, Airbear232 said:

One of the things I always looked forward to on Royal were these amenities - a good gym, lockers, steam and sauna.  These are more important to me than waterslides and other features.  Do you know if they've added a for pay thermal suite to FoS within the spa? 

As far as I have seen on CC, they have not added thermal suites to these ships that had the complimentary facilities removed. Supposedly Navigator has a tiny steam room in the spa (but not free). 

2 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

On Oasis class ships and Utopia the showers and locker rooms are a deck below the gym, Easy to head down the stairs and use. No one says anything. Unfortunately, the steam and sauna have a charge.

Deck plans of Icon show gym is on decks 5 & 6 while spa is on decks 14&15.

This is a "your mileage may vary" situation. We've been on sailings when there has been more policing and control of who is using the spa locker rooms. They are intended for the paying customers, so sometimes they enforce that.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2024 at 9:11 AM, Eric71 said:

Radiance still has steam / sauna as well.

Yay — we are booked on her in a few weeks, so I need to let my hubby know.  Do you know if they one for all genders, or separate?

12 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

Yay — we are booked on her in a few weeks, so I need to let my hubby know.  Do you know if they one for all genders, or separate?

These should be in the separate men's and women's locker rooms. Radiance may be one of the ships that also has a for-pay thermal suite, but you don't need to pay if you don't want to. Just use the locker room steam/sauna facilities.

32 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

These should be in the separate men's and women's locker rooms. Radiance may be one of the ships that also has a for-pay thermal suite, but you don't need to pay if you don't want to. Just use the locker room steam/sauna facilities.

We are traveling with friends this trip, so wouldn’t be a good value to pay for the spa area since we wouldn’t spend a lot of time there.  Separate is ok— prefer communal so the hubby and I can enjoy it together, BUT just happy it’s available at all 🙂

34 minutes ago, 3kidsncats said:

We are traveling with friends this trip, so wouldn’t be a good value to pay for the spa area since we wouldn’t spend a lot of time there.  Separate is ok— prefer communal so the hubby and I can enjoy it together, BUT just happy it’s available at all 🙂

The newer ships since Oasis have thermal suites in the spa area that are mixed-sex. These are of course paid, not free. But you would be together, for future bookings reference.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

They have a thermal suite, so you should buy that if you need to experience the spa together.  It's really not worth it though.

There is a steam room and sauna in both the mens and womens locker rooms.  Those are free on the Radiance.

1 hour ago, Eric71 said:

They have a thermal suite, so you should buy that if you need to experience the spa together.  It's really not worth it though.

There is a steam room and sauna in both the mens and womens locker rooms.  Those are free on the Radiance.

Definitely not worth it on this trip, as we will spend most of our time hanging with our friends.  And it’s not a huge deal for the hubby and I to be separated for a little while— we see each other a lot, lol

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

This is a "your mileage may vary" situation. We've been on sailings when there has been more policing and control of who is using the spa locker rooms. They are intended for the paying customers, so sometimes they enforce that.

Same goes for the Quantum class ships. They enforced that when I was on the Anthem early last year.

Edited by ahahn078
Forgot to add one more detail.