Disembarking Rome Civi - Later departure

Hi we are on the inter-porting Oasis of the Seas cruise, disembarking at Rome Civi on 29/8.   Does anyone have any experience of how this works in practice please?

If we've vacated our staterooms, is there anything to stop us spending the morning on the ship and then disembarking at leisure and arranging our onward transfer to the airport. We are on a later afternoon flight.

Unlike most other cruises we've been on..I'm assuming 3/4 of the boat will be staying onboard / doing port trips as they're disembarking at Barcelona. 

Or are we likely to be forced off the boat by say 9:30AM?

I know there is a "stay a while option" but that doesn't seem to be available for Rome. 

If Royal Caribbean take our cases off the boat at Rome...can we easily pick them up a few hours later. 

Thanks in advance

20 minutes ago, Adamw1 said:

I know there is a "stay a while option" but that doesn't seem to be available for Rome. 

If Royal Caribbean take our cases off the boat at Rome...can we easily pick them up a few hours later. 

They will start calling you by name -to leave the ship- around 9am!

Security will run around the ship with your picture to find you - around 10am......

The "stay awhile" option was eliminated from all ships. I've been on 12 different ships since Feb 2022, and they all wanted the ship cleared by 9:30-10am.

1 hour ago, Adamw1 said:

Hi we are on the inter-porting Oasis of the Seas cruise, disembarking at Rome Civi on 29/8.   Does anyone have any experience of how this works in practice please?

If we've vacated our staterooms, is there anything to stop us spending the morning on the ship and then disembarking at leisure and arranging our onward transfer to the airport. We are on a later afternoon flight.

Unlike most other cruises we've been on..I'm assuming 3/4 of the boat will be staying onboard / doing port trips as they're disembarking at Barcelona. 

Thanks in advance

I'm doing a b2b and first leg ends here. I am sure we will meet around 9 am to be walked off the ship and show our new boarding pass. Just because we have the next leg booked doesnt mean we dont have to do the ritual again though we will do it after the rest get off.

By 8 am they will announce you need to be out of your cabin. Your steward will be knocking on your door to remind you should you decide to lolly gag and not leave. By 9 or 930 security will be looking for you as mentioned above.

Another cruise we had 2 stow always and the whole ship had to wait over a hour to board for the next leg while the crew went looking for the 2 stowaways. 

Go ahead and get off and do whatever you want to do after you get off. 

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Another cruise we had 2 stow always and the whole ship had to wait over a hour to board for the next leg while the crew went looking for the 2 stowaways. 

This happened to me as a passenger waiting to get on a ship in NJ last January. I got frostbite on my "windward" ear!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Adamw1 said:

Thanks in advance

It's available for your sailing.  Look in the cruise planner under On Board activities

image.thumb.png.f452038425bc224dc748ed79c37a3d7c.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's available on many of the European sailings.

image.thumb.png.d561ad0e2f2842a59abe30aae90866be.png

Interesting. They didn't offer it for Southampton. I guess it's a ship-to-ship decision. 

My preference is to get away from the ship quickly: it's usually a zoo on board and outside.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, pcur said:

Interesting. They didn't offer it for Southampton. I guess it's a ship-to-ship decision. 

My preference is to get away from the ship quickly: it's usually a zoo on board and outside.

It's available for the Anthem, perhaps just not your sailing

image.thumb.png.2f12f4f0d72147cf9ca095c00d0f1c24.png

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pcur said:

The "stay awhile" option was eliminated from all ships. I've been on 12 different ships since Feb 2022, and they all wanted the ship cleared by 9:30-10am.

That’s not right

It was available not that we used it on both Anthem from Southampton and Oasis from Barcelona this year.

As the ship is interporting then I doubt security will come hunting for you as the ship does not need an all clear to board new passengers- however your luggage will be sitting in the terminal on its own and possibly unattended after a while, that would worry me.

Posted (edited)
On 8/11/2024 at 5:19 PM, pcur said:

Stay awhile was available in Southampton on Anthem last month. 

Edited by little britain

19 hours ago, little britain said:

Stay awhile was available in Southampton on Anthem last month. 

Yes, as Ourusualbeach said above, also, it seems to be available in international debarkation ports. I wish they offered it in Cape Liberty, because my nonstop to the west coast doesn't leave until 4-ish in the afternoon.

Just now, pcur said:

Yes, as Ourusualbeach said above, also, it seems to be available in international debarkation ports. I wish they offered it in Cape Liberty, because my nonstop to the west coast doesn't leave until 4-ish in the afternoon.

I never thought it was offered in USA ports because of the zero headcount requirement? 

7 minutes ago, little britain said:

I never thought it was offered in USA ports because of the zero headcount requirement? 

Way in the way back they tried it for a while. But, I think it encouraged people to just hang out and hide without paying, and slowed down clearing the ship.

I wish RCCL would get a little more descriptive when they make the announcements looking for stragglers. Sometimes there's a large group of b2b cruisers standing while this happens. I wish they would tell the "hiders", "would so-and-so please go to Deck X for debarkation; there are xx passengers waiting to board the ship because of the delay". Or, something similar...........

• 2 weeks later...

Stay Awhile is definately available on Oasis at Barcelona. We are a party of 4 and have bought this to stay on the ship as our flights are in the afternoon. We are sailing on Sunday 8th Sept 2024.