Clarification on dining times on Beyond

We were anytime dining on Apex recently but did make a specific reservation at each of the "standard" restaurants for 8:30.  We decided to eat earlier one evening and I called that morning to cancel reservation and was told "no need to call to cancel - just go to restaurant at your leisure". Still it felt odd not to have to cancel.  It is different, of course, for specialty dining. 

15 hours ago, lewiej said:

Makes me almost wish we could go back to assigned tables/seatings like back-in-the-day😵‍💫😵‍💫

Why? The E class ships have four main dining rooms. Each is a bit different. With assigned dining you would miss out on three of them. 

10 hours ago, keesar said:

I spent a good deal of time booking reservations for the MDRs on the Beyond.  When we showed up  the first night, we were told there were no reservations as it was Anytime Dining for all.  Told just show up where we wanted to eat when we wanted to eat. What was even more confusing is that we had an assigned time to eat on the website as well.  Food and service was excellent.

Good to know. I was planning on just showing up as well, until I saw that reservations were available. What happens happens, we won't starve..

9 hours ago, hcat said:

an hour wait is too long..esp for a diabetic like me! We will go early and if we cant be accomodated, then head to the buffet! 

All the hosts at all four MDRs have access to letting you know the wait at any of the others.

36 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

All the hosts at all four MDRs have access to letting you know the wait at any of the others.

thst's helpful but we cannot  go up and down the curved stairs.they are difficukt... Hope when we call again  they will restore us to ANYTIME DINING.. & not at 6 p.m. or let us book the 5 p.m.slot..APEX