Celebrity Just Cancelled My Transfer from KEF Airport to Cruise Terminal

The email stated “operational needs”, which I think means not enough people bought the transfer. Lol

Anyone have any suggestions? I found Grayline bus as an option, but u have to change buses at the Reykjavik terminal. 

Also, I read somewhere that the cruise terminal “building” is a large tent???

Thank you in advance for your help.

We booked directly with Hreyfill taxi on their website for a private transfer.  They greeted us as we exited baggage claim with our name on a sign.  Very good service.  It was about $150 for the car but there were 4 of us. 

5 hours ago, Grumpella said:

The email stated “operational needs”, which I think means not enough people bought the transfer. Lol

Anyone have any suggestions? I found Grayline bus as an option, but u have to change buses at the Reykjavik terminal. 

Go to the roll call for your cruise. Others will be in the same position. Perhaps you could arrange to share a private transfer or get suggestions from others who have already researched.

6 hours ago, Grumpella said:

Yes Cruise terminal area is a large tent

IMG_1797.jpeg

Flybus also does transfers, but you do need to change at the bus station to a smaller bus which will drop you off at a nearby bus stop (or maybe the cruise port, you'd have to confirm) or take a taxi.  With 2 people, the cost is probable close to a taxi from the airport, and with more, the taxi becomes cheaper.

taxi makes sense with 3 or more people. Otherwise "Flybus" is what most folks take.  Yes, you do need to reserve going from city to airport, and yes, you will have to make a change at the central bus station.

21 hours ago, Grumpella said:

When is your cruise? I purchased for Friday but no cancellation yet. 

8 minutes ago, Grumpella said:

Friday on the Eclipse. Check your shore excursions on the app, see if it is missing.

I don’t see it on the app but I still see it on the cruise document when I log in on Celebrity online. No email yet though 

Just now, Moe59 said:

I don’t see it on the app but I still see it on the cruise document when I log in on Celebrity online. No email yet though 

10 minutes ago, Grumpella said:

Friday on the Eclipse. Check your shore excursions on the app, see if it is missing.

What time does your flight arrive?

6:05 am. I just assumed they cancelled all of the transfers.

Mine showed up in the app under Day 1, but then disappeared when it was cancelled.

I suggest you call them to verify, you don’t want to be surprised when you land.

2 minutes ago, Grumpella said:

6:05 am. I just assumed they cancelled all of the transfers.

Mine showed up in the app under Day 1, but then disappeared when it was cancelled.

I suggest you call them to verify, you don’t want to be surprised when you land.

I definitely will. Thanks for the heads up.