QV South America Captain(s)

dbjhughes

I will be on QV’s South America circumnavigation from 9th January to 27th March - does anyone know who will be the Captain (or Captains) between those dates, and when any changeover of Captain would be? Many thanks.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dbjhughes said:

I will be on QV’s South America circumnavigation from 9th January to 27th March - does anyone know who will be the Captain (or Captains) between those dates, and when any changeover of Captain would be? Many thanks.

Staffing arrangements are not usually announced in advance, you will only find out once you are onboard

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbjhughes said:

No one here can confirm that unless they are a family member - Why is it important. All you need to know is that whatever Cunard Captain is at the helm of the ship you will be in safe hands and will certainly be taken good care of. 

For security reasons  Cunard no longer announce the contract arrangements ( in advance)  of their employees.  

2 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

No one here can confirm that unless they are a family member - Why is it important. All you need to know is that whatever Cunard Captain is at the helm of the ship you will be in safe hands and will certainly be taken good care of. 

For security reasons  Cunard no longer announce the contract arrangements ( in advance)  of their employees.  

Captain Hashmi once said that, because of his intermittent disappearances and reappearances, his fellow parents at his children’s school probably thought he was a career criminal serving frequent short prison terms. It’s hard to see how it is a security rather than privacy matter, however.

• Like 1

Actually, who is Captain makes a big difference to us. Always has. I can still name most of the captains I've sailed with and back in the good old days (and they were, too!) on P&O and B.I. you were invited to so many private cocktail parties by the officers you seldom had to buy a drink. The famous CANBERRA morgue party held the evening leaving Gib into the Med was the best. Captains Wacher, Gibb, Scott Masson, Biddick of UGANDA etc. Lots of happy personal memories and moments with some wonderful characters and seamen. 

We have our favourite Cunard captains and knowing  they are aboard on which cruises would frankly influence our decision as to cruise especially in the Med where the itineraries are SO repetitive, we don't even care anymore about that.  

Modern cruising can be... and seemingly wants to be faceless and souless. But if you make an effort, it can be personable and almost family like. We prefer the latter and always will. 

• Like 1