Premium Internet Speed/Ethernet Connection - Celebrity Reflection

Margolf

Hi there, can anyone report back on the ability to connect to the internet with an ethernet cable in your stateroom? I am asking particularly for Celebrity Reflection. Secondly, I know Celebrity has been throttling internet speeds even for premium starlink users to 5mbps down which is abysmal. Thank you!

Not even in an upper suite was a hardwired connection seen on Reflection on our last (post-Starlink) cruise.  There's one associated with the TV, but that won't get you to the outside world.  Plan to use WiFi for your connection.

Even their premium brand Silversea limits bandwidth to 10Mbps.

We were on Equinox and had trouble streaming in our stateroom.  At a gathering we chatted with the IT manager and when we got back to our room there was an access point in our room plugged into an ethernet jack near the electrical outlets on the desk.  Not sure if that would give access to the ship backbone but I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try.

• Like 1

I tested the Ethernet port on the desk in our sky Suite and our Celebrity Suit on the Reflection in 2021 and both were disabled.  I believe these are turned off at the switch and only when when they enable them.  YMMV. 

I have never found a working ethernet jack in any stateroom we've been in on any of Celebrity's ships. 

• Like 2

I had a problem with reception a couple years ago and they installed an access point in the room (this was per-revolution and pre-Starlink).     It gave me decent internet.   Out of curiosity I tried to connect via Ethernet cable... It would not work for me.   The access point did not have an additional port to plug into.