Has anyone had success with a refund from NCL?

4 hours ago, hallux said:

So... let me ask you this.  Weather cancellations for port stops are usually, as noted by others, same-day or day-before decisions.  You find out through this new email/texting policy that the ship is skipping the port you're in.  What do you do?  CAN you book a last-minute flight (a same-day one, even) to the next port on the itinerary?  Say you can, what if they decide they need to skip THAT one?  Are you going to book endless flights between ports until you can board?  Somehow I have a feeling that in the part of the world where this happened to you there was not going to be a whole lot you could do to meet up with the ship even if you WERE notified of the skipped port once the decision was made.

Yes, still waiting for an actual timeline for the 2nd missed port, which is where I believe the OP was planning to embark on their cruise. 

11 hours ago, Never cruise with NCL said:

I don’t think it’s silly to voice concerns and expectations as a shareholder, even if it's just on a forum. After all, companies like NCL rely on feedback from all their customers and shareholders to improve their services and enhance their value.

When I say 'as a shareholder, I’m not claiming to have the power to change corporate policy single handedly, but rather to highlight that I’m invested in this company in more ways than one. My point isn’t about 'doling out cash' it's about ensuring that NCL maintains a high standard of service that reflects well on the brand, builds customer loyalty, and ultimately, benefits everyone, including shareholders.

While forums might not be where corporate decisions are made, they’re definitely where consumer sentiment is gauged. If enough people share similar experiences or concerns, it can lead to broader changes. Plus, discussing these issues openly helps fellow cruisers make informed decisions.

At the end of the day, being a shareholder, no matter how small, means I care about how the company is perceived and how it treats its customers. That’s why I’m here, sharing my experience that could lead to positive change.

So now it's about improving services, not getting a refund? While NCL isn't known for having stellar communication skills, but as a stockholder myself, making an effort to contact a rogue passenger with special (but approved) plans just isn't even on my radar as to something they need to work on. 

FCC - you gotta be kidding me. You miss the ship, NCL doesn't owe you anything. That's what insurance is for. Giving FCC in this situation wouldn't be a good look for NCL in my opinion.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bortman23 said:

I gotta say, I've really enjoyed this thread 🤣

🤣It's the Monty Python, right?  I mean, what else could it be....😎

The Norwegian Blue is "pining for the fjords!"🦜

Edited by ChiefMateJRK
  • Haha 1

As someone who was on board a cruise when a sudden change of itinerary from ports turned into 'we have speed back to NYC in order to anchor off Staten Island to ride out a big incoming storm', I can say the captain probably doesn't have the email database.

As seen on TV/media, NCL does strand passengers. Passengers on an independent excursion. Passengers on an NCL excursion. It happens a lot.

Based on your cruising needs, NCL is not your cruise line. I don't know who is. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 4:04 AM, Never cruise with NCL said:

While we were off the ship, we were still paying customers with a legitimate expectation to be kept informed about changes that directly impacted our ability to rejoin the cruise.

Is this accurate? You were on a B2B cruise - really two separate cruises. You left the first cruise early, so you were no longer their concern, and you missed the second cruise completely. I understand life circumstances sometimes interfere - we had to debark in St. Thomas once and fly back home for a family emergency. I didn't expect to be reimbursed for the portion of the cruise we missed. Once you leave a ship, their contract with you is terminated. If you miss a ship, same thing. Unfortunately, I don't think they had a duty of care to notify you as first you left early, and the second time you missed boarding completely. I understand you had a plan, but there were too many moving parts that didn't all fall into place. I would still try to get future cruise credit.

• Thanks 1

On 8/19/2024 at 6:32 PM, julig22 said:

get a view from the rest of the world, since you seem to think that everyone here is biased and will only defend NCL.

I moderate the NCL subreddit and can guarantee that OP will receive similar treatment there. Likely on the generic cruise subreddit as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, jds2001 said:

I moderate the NCL subreddit and can guarantee that OP will receive similar treatment there. Likely on the generic cruise subreddit as well.

I visit and participate in that subreddit, I would make the same comments there that I make/made here...

On 8/16/2024 at 12:30 AM, Never cruise with NCL said:

Booked a back-to-back NCL cruise, starting in New York to Iceland, with a 2nd returning to New York. We received approval from NCL to disembark early during the first leg and reboard on the second leg in Akureyri, Iceland. However, we were never informed of any itinerary changes. NCL claimed they changed due to weather, but we couldn't find any records of storms and they won't provide any evidence. The ship never docked at the agreed port or the next port in Iceland, leaving us stranded and causing us to miss our entire second voyage. We even tried to reboard at a different port in Greenland but were denied. NCL is refusing to refund us, citing that we didn’t purchase their travel insurance and therefore have no obligation to compensate us. They have offered NO path of remedy, no future credits, no on board credits, nothing. Has anyone experienced something similar or have advice on how to get a refund or compensation? Is there a higher power to appeal to, like a court? 

You are not due anything at all, but address the question asked in the title, yes I have gotten every refung I have been entitled to with no hassle at all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2024 at 6:38 PM, Ellis1138 said:

As seen on TV/media, ALL CRUISE LINES do strand passengers. Passengers on an independent excursion. Passengers on a cruise line excursion. It happens a lot.

I fixed that for you.

• Thanks 1

NCL does not "strand" passengers, nor do "All cruise lines."

Passengers "strand" themselves.  Take accountability for yourselves if you choose to disembark at any ports.  The level of shifting blame to someone else (i.e.  the ship's captain) has increased exponentially . .  .  

One example only:  Imagine, being "stranded" at a remote Alaskan location (hahaha, Ketchikan) because your family of nine just MAY have decided to not return to the ship like all of the other 100+ passengers on that lumberjack show tour, but lollygagged in town.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Goldenknight said:

NCL does not "strand" passengers, nor do "All cruise lines."

Passengers "strand" themselves.  Take accountability for yourselves if you choose to disembark at any ports.  The level of shifting blame to someone else (i.e.  the ship's captain) has increased exponentially . .  .  

One example only:  Imagine, being "stranded" at a remote Alaskan location (hahaha, Ketchikan) because your family of nine just MAY have decided to not return to the ship like all of the other 100+ passengers on that lumberjack show tour, but lollygagged in town.  

Nor does it happen a lot. Actually very rare.

• Like 1