Anyone had any success in upgrading to the New Enhanced Premier from the Current Premier ?

$45.00 for adults and only $22.50 for kids

i see that for any of the three  restaurants on my sailing. Can only assume its either the cost X 18% gratuity or its the Canadian exchange rate? Not sure but i do see 45 as the cost. When i book ( new premier, unlimited) its coming through as zero $$. Be curious to see what folks with a USA IP address are seeing. 

Sun Princess has been $45/22.50 since it set sail 

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that other ships are being raised in price to match them.. 

And with the multiple reports of not being able to book Sabatini's over the last few days but rather getting a "testing" message - no surprise that the price has gone up..

Makes the Premier more of a *bargain* so to speak...🙄

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Josie201 said:

I keep checking via the app and the web version to book my second SD following my "chat" earlier this week where she told me it would be fixed within 24 hours.  Still trying to charge me.  But, today it is showing the charge for Sabitinis at $45.00 pp.  Earlier this week it was $35.00.  Has anyone else seen this "error". 

Gratuities are going to go up by $1 per person per day and all specialty dining is going to go up to $45 pp +18%  as that is the pricing set on the Sun Princess so all ships will move to that pricing. 

I'm hoping to upgrade our upcoming trips and would like to try using the Chat function instead of the phone. Unfortunately, the Chat icon in the lower right side of the screen does not appear in any of my browsers regardless of OS. How are you folks managing to access Chat? Thanks....

20 hours ago, grimace95120 said:

$45.00 for adults and only $22.50 for kids

i see that for any of the three  restaurants on my sailing. Can only assume its either the cost X 18% gratuity or its the Canadian exchange rate? Not sure but i do see 45 as the cost. When i book ( new premier, unlimited) its coming through as zero $$. Be curious to see what folks with a USA IP address are seeing. 

Just checked Sky Princess and all Specialty Dining is now $45 (Crown Grill, The Catch and Sabatini’s).  It’s US $.

I wonder how long until the menus change?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

I'm hoping to upgrade our upcoming trips and would like to try using the Chat function instead of the phone. Unfortunately, the Chat icon in the lower right side of the screen does not appear in any of my browsers regardless of OS. How are you folks managing to access Chat? Thanks....

Chat button doesn’t appear on my iPad until I start searching for a cruise (just noticed this morning). If I select date, destination or ship the chat button appears at lower right corner.  
Update - it’s there on some screens and not on others.  

Edited by Abercrombie2019

33 minutes ago, Abercrombie2019 said:

Chat button doesn’t appear on my iPad until I start searching for a cruise (just noticed this morning). If I select date, destination or ship the chat button appears at lower right corner.  
Update - it’s there on some screens and not on others.  

Tried that, thanks. Still no luck. I finally located one of my tablet PCs running Linux Firefox and surprisingly, Chat worked just fine on that specific Firefox when it wouldn't run on Firefox on other PCs. Probably different security settings between the two machines. The very helpful CSR put through all three of our Plus to New Premier upgrades in a few minutes, despite our Travel Agent being told by Princess that we couldn't upgrade because of our "special" fare. The CSR told me that the upgrades would show up after Sept 1 for two of our trips, and mid-Sept  for the trip on the Royal. This might be due to the fact that the NEW Premier package rolls out on different ships on different dates?

• Like 1

We booked a 14 day cruise for November where they were selling Plus and Premier packages for the same price (UK).  Therefore we can access the Premier perks (have already booked the SD) but are down as having paid for Plus.  No option to upgrade to new Premier. I might be tempted if it were only £10 per night extra, that is from Premier to super Premier, but not £25 from Plus to Super Premier. Trouble is that before all this mucking about I was quite happy with what I had got.  Indeed when I booked was quite happy with Plus.  Funny how you can be tempted by upgrades to cars, phones or whatever for things you do not really want and will probably seldom use.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 7:07 AM, Gracie115 said:

If booking is with a TA do they have to be the one that does the upgrade?  Or can you do it on your own through the AP?

TA needs to do it.  This was verified to me via chat as well as on the phone with customer service.  I was also told that you have until the date that the ship officially upgrades to the new Premier to still get the old Premier at 80 per day.

1 hour ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

I was also told that you have until the date that the ship officially upgrades to the new Premier to still get the old Premier at 80 per day.

Well that's interesting. I might actually do that then for the 5-day leg of my B2B. $50 extra wasn't really worth it but if I can get it for $80/day it makes more sense for my cruising preferences. 

33 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Well that's interesting. I might actually do that then for the 5-day leg of my B2B. $50 extra wasn't really worth it but if I can get it for $80/day it makes more sense for my cruising preferences. 

I was told this by chat rep as well as phone rep.  They both could be clueless.  I have a text and voicemail into my TA to get to the bottom line.  I would prefer the 80 premier, otherwise it's 560 extra over the 28 days in total between Oct and Jan for the 90 premier.  I would prefer that in my pocket, but if need be, it'll hopefully correspond to 8-10 extra nights of specialty.

• Thanks 1

I called Princess to change my cabin assignment today. The rep just gave me free upgrade from old Premier package to the new one. I didn't even ask for it. However, I am taking a two night cruise so I guess there is really no additional cost to Princess for the upgrade. Great marketing for sure. LOL

I wish specialty dining would open for lunch.