Bvlgari soap on Oceania

JCMass.

This is our first time on Oceania, but we got Bvlgari soap and shampoo on another cruise line and it is much to strongly scented for me.  It gives me a headache.  Do they have another choice of soap or should I bring my own along with shampoo ?   

Have your TA or O-rep request the scent-free bath products (I can't remember the brand but I've seen comments that is high quality); requests 60 days in advance are recommended, but if it's later than that request anyway; ask your cabin steward if it's not in your cabin when you arrive.

I find the "white" Bulgari to be a more subtle scent than the blue or green. If you haven't tried it and like some scent, give it a try.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Have your TA or O-rep request the scent-free bath products (I can't remember the brand but I've seen comments that is high quality); requests 60 days in advance are recommended, but if it's later than that request anyway; ask your cabin steward if it's not in your cabin when you arrive.

I find the "white" Bulgari to be a more subtle scent than the blue or green. If you haven't tried it and like some scent, give it a try.

Agree with ask your Cabin Steward.  We do every time and they change out the standard Green for our preferred Blue or White promptly and since we don't use the Shampoo, we request they exchange for Body Lotion and again done quickly.  They have a non-scented if you wish as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bulgari selection available is too strong for us so O always provides an unscented option.  We always request in advance through our TA or directly with O.

22 hours ago, WESTEAST said:

Agree with ask your Cabin Steward.  We do every time and they change out the standard Green for our preferred Blue or White promptly and since we don't use the Shampoo, we request they exchange for Body Lotion and again done quickly.  They have a non-scented if you wish as well.

I do not care for the Bulgari either. Thank you for the info!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, goletans said:

I always request toiletries for sensitive skin and receive Vanicream facial cleanser, lotion, shampoo, conditioner and bar soap. 

I'm on Nautica now for the first time (first O cruise) and came to post about this very fact! I found the Bulgari toiletries so strongly perfumed, they bothered me when they were just sitting in the bathroom when I boarded. (I was by the bed; the odor from inside the bathroom bothered me.) Admittedly, I am VERY SENSITIVE to fragrance (triggers migraine) and I have irritable skin, too, that hates added scents and many other ingredients.

When I asked our cabin steward to remove the offending toiletries on day one, he left Vanicream products (2 oz tubes) in their place: shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and a bar of soap.

Since this is our favorite brand amongst those recommended by the dermatologist's office we use for the kid with eczema, I was very happy to have the option for Vanicream brand products! (Of course, anyone with severe eczema will be traveling with the huge 16 oz tub of cream, not relying on itty bitty tubes, but I give Oceania bonus points for the offer.) 😃

Edited by willoL
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 8/17/2024 at 7:48 PM, WESTEAST said:

Thank you for this information.  In fact a big thanks to everyone, I will go ahead and check with our travel agent.  Sounds like we are not the only one's who have this concern.  

3 hours ago, JCMass. said:

Thank you for this information.  In fact a big thanks to everyone, I will go ahead and check with our travel agent.  Sounds like we are not the only one's who have this concern.  

I'd drop a bar of your at-home soap in the bag. No worry if there are any 'what-ifs.'