Just back from our first Saga cruise….impressions

BigCheese1

On 8/29/2024 at 8:23 PM, Windsurfboy said:

I think it's the whole ship is filling in survey at same time. Stupidly you can't go home and fill in at you leisure. 

I do just that at home

Better WiFi using their iPads if that's preferred

Comparing Saga, which has all balcony cabins, with Cunard, which has inside, outside and balconies is not comparing like for like.

One only has to to look at the per diem prices to see that.

A pretty pointless survey.

29 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Comparing Saga, which has all balcony cabins, with Cunard, which has inside, outside and balconies is not comparing like for like.

One only has to to look at the per diem prices to see that

Agree,  so looking at similar per diem 

Price for price a Saga cabin is normally in same range as Cunard Brittania  club may be slightly dearer, but sometimes if lucky same as standard Brittania balcony.  I'd put Saga well ahead of Brittania balcony,  and ahead of Brittania club,  because of what you get on Saga outside of dining. 

• Haha 1

On 8/31/2024 at 6:45 PM, BigCheese1 said:

Hi JMMKUK

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes I think we might well do a Saga cruise again. It was lovely to be able to go to Speciality restaurants at no extra cost and they were indeed ‘special’. We are off on the QM2 shortly and I am intrigued to see if they can match the Saga offering!

Oh, have a lovely Cunard cruise. We were lucky enough to be in Southampton in Jan 2016 when the 3 Queens we preparing for their world cruises. On the down side it meant that there were no port cranes available to unload luggage from Saga Sapphire. They had to use the ships own small crane. Are you in one of the Grill suites?

On 8/29/2024 at 11:52 PM, GerryL13 said:

Everyone on the crew recommends doing the survey on the tablets provided in the Library (or wherever they are staging them). I went to the Library on both (b2b) cruises and was able to complete the survey with no issues. They have a stack of tablets, and you likely won't have to wait long, if at all. Won't even try again on my own tablet.

We have previously used the library for the survey.

The error message I got at the end was the same one I had been getting for the second part of the cruise for most things I had tried to do, including using these forums.