PVP vs booking on board question

51 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The PVP does not move you. The cruise line moves you.  The warning is in your cruise contract and it is your responsibility to read your cruise contract.  The cruise line does not notify you as to "why" for many reasons, sufficient to say they can and while it is practice to provide what the cruise line considers an "upgrade", the guest may view it differently.

I was booked into a 4J  (front of ship with a window overlooking the "secret" deck) and when the ship was changed, I was "upgraded" to a 4K (full length windows blocked by lifeboats.  

Well, I missed being able to edit the post. 😔  I see that your upgrade was not really an upgrade.  Some of the 4Ks have better views than others.  I hope you were notified in time to try and move to a better cabin. 

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

The PVP does not move you. The cruise line moves you.  The warning is in your cruise contract and it is your responsibility to read your cruise contract.  The cruise line does not notify you as to "why" for many reasons, sufficient to say they can and while it is practice to provide what the cruise line considers an "upgrade", the guest may view it differently.

I was booked into a 4J  (front of ship with a window overlooking the "secret" deck) and when the ship was changed, I was "upgraded" to a 4K (full length windows blocked by lifeboats.  

I don't think Firefly was asking why but at the minimum how about a heads up that you changed my cabin. Just a little common courtesy goes a long way.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I don't think Firefly was asking why but at the minimum how about a heads up that you changed my cabin. Just a little common courtesy goes a long way.

I wasn't responding to Firefly.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Well, I missed being able to edit the post. 😔  I see that your upgrade was not really an upgrade.  Some of the 4Ks have better views than others.  I hope you were notified in time to try and move to a better cabin. 

It was an upgrade according to Carnival.  Bs are better than As, Ks are better than Js.  There was no option of moving unless I wanted to pay for a different category.  The ships were changed thus the types of available cabins were not equal.   

22 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

It was an upgrade according to Carnival.  Bs are better than As, Ks are better than Js.  There was no option of moving unless I wanted to pay for a different category.  The ships were changed thus the types of available cabins were not equal.   

Sorry that happened to you.

20 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract?icid=CC_Footer_84

(g) Specific stateroom assignments are not guaranteed. Carnival reserves the right to move Guests to a comparable stateroom for any reason, including but not limited to, instances in which a stateroom is booked with fewer than the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate; or when a partial Guest cancellation occurs and the remaining number of Guests do not match the maximum number of Guests the stateroom can accommodate.

Given the reason given above, they might be more likely to bump solo cruisers. That would suck, I took a more expensive fare this time cuz it allowed me to select my cabin.

2 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

Given the reason given above, they might be more likely to bump solo cruisers. That would suck, I took a more expensive fare this time cuz it allowed me to select my cabin.

Carnival books double capacity, so they wouldn't bump solo cruisers. 

8 hours ago, DeniseTr said:

Being that solos can usually only book a two person stateroom, there is no lower capacity staterooms. A solo in a 3/4 person room is at risk.

• Thanks 1