Live: Harmony of the Seas Western Caribbean Aug 25

On 8/21/2024 at 12:38 PM, ceilidh1 said:

We just have her booked for the roundtrip airport portion. We booked the hotel shuttle for the hotel to port. We used her last time, too, and she was fantastic - in fact, as soon as I mentioned Galveston, both kids asked if we could go with her again!

I am with your kids, Shugg is the absolute best!  We loved Harbor House.  We walked over to the little museum next door and toured the Elissa and did the dolphin cruise with them (half the price of the one right next to the Harbor house.)  Great dinners at Willy Gs and Katies on either side of hotel. Our adult children are asking when we are going back.

Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 4

Made it safe and sound! Shugg (Erica) picked us up right on time and stopped at Buccees on the way in. Traffic wasn’t horrendous so we made decent time and it was great to see her and chat with her again.

Buccees was as awesome as always and we came out $130 poorer! We got some brisket sandwiches, burritos, coolers (why is this stuff so inexpensive here-$3 for a huge can of Smirnoff), paddle tails, chocolates, and buccees souvenirs. Love this store so much. The highlight was meeting sir Buccee himself!

IMG_4339.jpeg

IMG_4340.jpeg

IMG_4341.jpeg

IMG_4342.jpeg

IMG_4343.jpeg

IMG_4344.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

Harbor House seems very nice! Good sized room, clean, friendly front desk, nice view. There is continental breakfast in the morning, wifi, and use of the pool at the Hilton.

IMG_4347.jpeg

IMG_4348.jpeg

IMG_4349.jpeg

IMG_4350.jpeg

IMG_4351.jpeg

IMG_4352.jpeg

• Like 17

Question for all you folks familiar with Buccees…what are the guys at the brisket station yelling and why? It sounded like “Brisket on the board” or something and reminded me of the market in Seattle where they yell before throwing the fish…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Made it safe and sound! Shugg (Erica) picked us up right on time and stopped at Buccees on the way in.

Where are all the people in Bucees??  Every one I’ve been in looks like Black Friday at Walmart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Question for all you folks familiar with Buccees…what are the guys at the brisket station yelling and why? It sounded like “Brisket on the board” or something and reminded me of the market in Seattle where they yell before throwing the fish…

Freshhhhhhhh brisket on the board!!!

They yell it when they start chopping or slicing a new brisket.

Edited by xkritter
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, xkritter said:

Freshhhhhhhh brisket on the board!!!

They yell it when they start chopping or slicing a new brisket.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

No idea about your question 🙂 but you often hear others specifically mention Buccees when travelling to Houson/Galveston.  Why is it so good?  Is it worth going to?  Offhand with a quick google search it seems like a Target or something.

Harbor House looks really nice!  Enjoy your stay and day in Galveston.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

No idea about your question 🙂 but you often hear others specifically mention Buccees when travelling to Houson/Galveston.  Why is it so good?  Is it worth going to?  Offhand with a quick google search it seems like a Target or something.

Harbor House looks really nice!  Enjoy your stay and day in Galveston.

It’s like target/walmart on steroids! It’s primarily a gas station but the convenience store is huge, along with unique bathrooms (the pics I posted with all the art work were the bathrooms). They also sell everything and (to me, anyway) it’s incredibly well priced. I can’t imagine not stopping there!

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

It’s like target/walmart on steroids! It’s primarily a gas station but the convenience store is huge, along with unique bathrooms (the pics I posted with all the art work were the bathrooms). They also sell everything and (to me, anyway) it’s incredibly well priced. I can’t imagine not stopping there!

Thanks for explaining.  Seems worth it just for the bathrooms...lol.

Your description helps.  Thanks.  Will note it and see if it works in our travels.  

12 hours ago, TNVolnteerCruiser said:

Where are all the people in Bucees??  Every one I’ve been in looks like Black Friday at Walmart.

That particular one the way to get there coming from the south is being worked on but last time I was there we had to use a gps to get there. Needs a better way to gr to it from the south. Too hard to get there.

I prefer the bigger original one driving that way on I45 north of Huntsville. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for explaining.  Seems worth it just for the bathrooms...lol.

Your description helps.  Thanks.  Will note it and see if it works in our travels.  

Bathrooms are HUGE and incredibly clean.  Without exaggeration, they will often have more than 100 gas spots.  If you need gas and a bathroom break, it's highly recommended.  They also have great jerky.  Buc-ee's has been expanding beyond Texas with many new locations being built throughout the south.

• Like 4

The hotel has a complimentary continental breakfast (no pictures this morning as it was quite busy and I didn’t want to look weird). They had individual pots of cereal and oatmeal, bagels, pancakes, yogurts, fruit cups, mini muffins, juice, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. We grabbed some plates and brought them back to the room and ate leisurely while getting ready for our day.

• Like 8

Taking a stab at it, but it is 7:45AM here. LOL

On the app it should show on the “progress” screen with your name then, travel information, arrival time and health status.

There is your boarding pass somewhere there also.

• Like 3