Cancellation of round Australia Crown Princess Nov 2025

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

By having trouble getting them to cruise on Carnival branded ships, I mean loyal P&O passengers are not keen to move over to Carnival Spendor or even the Carnival'd Adventure & Encounter. Yes, lots would rather Princess than Carnival. Others, particularly in Brisbane where there will be less Princess presence in the years ahead, will drift to Royal and other brands as well.

P&O cruisers sailing on Princess, like it or not, are Princess cruisers. Plenty of them are also elite Princess cruisers. I get what you mean vs a traditional demographic, but the shift has been happening since restart. Lots of the more traditional Princess cruisers will move on to Celebrity, HAL, Azamara and beyond. The demographic doesn't concern us too much, but we are wary of the amenities and services slipping. Maybe this is more of an Aussie thing, as we have had a few friends who are already smitten with the glitz of Sun Princess.

Totally agree, Geoff. BTW was move over to Carnival Spendor a malapropism or a slip of the fingers? Either way it's accurate. 😂

Edited by ceeceeDee
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ceeceeDee said:

Totally agree, Geoff. BTW was move over to Carnival Spendor a malapropism or a slip of the fingers? Either way it's accurate. 😂

I think the keyboard needs a new battery. It drops the occasional letter. I may use that though. I like to have my own name for ships, such as Ovulation of the Seas, OK Corral Princess, Pacific EggCounter - just as long as I don't have to call them malapropisms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 9/2/2024 at 12:23 AM, vana said:

Hello, 

It says “According to a statement shared with travel advisors, the cancellations include cruises departing from Australia and Asia between September 26, 2025, and January 12, 2026.”

Princess in place of our cancelled cruise (Jan 12th), they are offering us a crown cruise on Jan 4th. Since we have a B2B2B planed, no one at Princess desk can answer a simple question: our other cruise in on Jan 22 2026, the cruise you are offering us ends on Jan 14th, so where will go the Crown between Jan 14 and Jan 22, 2026. Nobody knows! 

thinking of cancelling everything and going back to Celebrity! 

On January 14th, Crown sails from BNE return - stopping at Airlie Beach, Townsville, Yorkeys Knob, Port Douglas and then the usual pass-by of Willis Island on the way back down to BNE where she docks on January 22nd. 

6 hours ago, aussielil said:

More bad news, just yesterday we were notified our Majestic cruises are cancelled in late 2026.

Where were you cruising? UK relocation to the US East Coast?

On 9/4/2024 at 4:47 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

Judging by the number of very obvious P&O cruisers on the recent Princess  world cruise I don't think Carnival Corp will lose that demographic. What they will lose is the "top" end of their market as those cruisers will move to the luxury lines.

What is a very obvious P&O cruiser? Those very obvious P&O cruisers had the money to do the world cruise, so aren't they just cruisers?

• Like 1

On 8/23/2024 at 6:00 PM, dizzy1948 said:

Here's a little snippet from the email we got - so I reckon by September 15th this thread will catch fire 🤣

Unfortunately, due to a rescheduling of the ship’s drydock maintenance period, we must regrettably cancel the Southern Australia Explorer cruise you have planned on Crown Princess for December 2025. We are pleased to inform you that your booking will be automatically transferred to an 11-Day Southern Australia Explorer voyage that offers a similar itinerary, departing on 13 October 2025. Full itinerary details and your booking confirmation will be emailed to you by 15 September.

Sing along everyone:

🎵3 more days to go, three more days of sorrow, three more days to go, and I wish it was tomorrow. 🤣 🎻

I've been sneaking around the OPT terminal cruise dates and the Fremantle shipping.  Shows Crown Princess leaving Sydney Sept 26th 2025 - arriving am/leaving pm Freo Oct 13th - arriving back in Sydney Oct 24th.  

Just wait and see what the cruise "Princess" brings us  

Edited by dizzy1948
carn't spel
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ceeceeDee said:

We've just booked a February 16 sailing on Crown Princess in 2026. Fingers crossed that Princess have their ducks in a row by then. 🦆🦆🦆🫰🫰

They should have. That itinerary is unaffected by the change in drydock dates.

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

They should have. That itinerary is unaffected by the change in drydock dates.

Absolutely, one of the reasons we chose that date. There was another one immediately before that date, but in view of the current shenanigans we thought we'd play it safe and choose the later date just in case. We really don't have the wiggle room to cope with date changes due to Darren's work schedule. So unless any changes were only a day or two, we would have to cancel.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2024 at 1:22 PM, dizzy1948 said:

Sing along everyone:

🎵3 more days to go, three more days of sorrow, three more days to go, and I wish it was tomorrow. 🤣 🎻

I've been sneaking around the OPT terminal cruise dates and the Fremantle shipping.  Shows Crown Princess leaving Sydney Sept 26th 2025 - arriving am/leaving pm Freo Oct 13th - arriving back in Sydney Oct 24th.  

Just wait and see what the cruise "Princess" brings us  

Woo hoo - Just seen "our" cruise on the Princess Site - Oct 13th 2025 Freo to Sydney 11 days -  it says "Price not available". Looks like they are updating their site with the "new/ changed cruises."

Just now, dizzy1948 said:

Woo hoo - Just seen "our" cruise on the Princess Site - Oct 13th 2025 Freo to Sydney 11 days -  it says "Price not available". Looks like they are updating their site with the "new/ changed cruises."

The "price unavailable" is a nod to you unlucky people that have had their bookings affected. There will be a week or two when those already booked have the opportunity to confirm their new itinerary before they are opened-up to everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

The "price unavailable" is a nod to you unlucky people that have had their bookings affected. There will be a week or two when those already booked have the opportunity to confirm their new itinerary before they are opened-up to everyone.

Got our new booking through - price still the same, monies paid in advance is correct - onboard credit not showing yet, no doubt it will appear soon. (Well... it will when I ring them in a couple of weeks when things start to settle down.😉) Happy it's worked out for us. Hope it all works out for everyone who is in the same situation. 🥰

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

Got our new booking through - price still the same, monies paid in advance is correct - onboard credit not showing yet, no doubt it will appear soon. (Well... it will when I ring them in a couple of weeks when things start to settle down.😉) Happy it's worked out for us. Hope it all works out for everyone who is in the same situation. 🥰

Our OBC disappeared but was more than compensated by drop in final price due. Odd.

10 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

This is an extact from our email from Princess in August.  Maybe the short cruise's get a reduced price instead. A quick phone call may clarify this for you.

They're getting a phone call from me in a couple of weeks (LOL)

EXTRACT:

Please be assured that if the cruise fare on your new voyage is higher, you will be rebooked at the original rate paid. If the fare on your new voyage is lower, you will be rebooked at the lower rate. Pre-booked shore excursions, spa, and dining reservations will be cancelled with costs refunded to the original form of payment. All can be rebooked for your new voyage on the Manage Booking page at Princess.com or the Princess Cruises app. Guests who sail on the replacement voyage will receive a $200 AUD onboard credit per person (for the first two guests on the booking, non-refundable and non-transferable) applied to your shipboard account.

Edited by dizzy1948
  • Like 1

Our cruise is now showing for the 11th November 2025.

The original $300 OBC each is showing but nothing about the $200 each compensation or the $300 flight credit.

I have a new booking number showing in "my bookings" but have not yet received a confirmation email from Princess.

• Like 1

If going with Princess I would recommend booking through a Princess Vacation Planner when the cruise is newly released, you often get OBC then. If a cheaper fare comes along, or a better overall deal with OBC pops up, you can contact your PVP and they will reprice your booking. They will also give you a small amount of OBC for booking with them. If you do this, I would recommend periodically checking the cruise fare yourself to spot the deals so you know to get in touch and ask for a repricing - don't trust them to reprice it automatically behind the scenes.

A cruise I am going on later this month had a big reduction in price a few months after we'd booked it, we saved nearly half what we were expecting to pay.

A cruise a few years ago was repriced for us by a good Travel Agent, and we got a whopping $2,000 OBC each. Again I had monitored the online price and got in touch with her when I saw the deal. Monitoring fares for booked cruises is the first thing I do each day when I log onto the internet!

Happy planning 🛳️🍹

42 minutes ago, Jean C said:

If going with Princess I would recommend booking through a Princess Vacation Planner when the cruise is newly released, you often get OBC then. If a cheaper fare comes along, or a better overall deal with OBC pops up, you can contact your PVP and they will reprice your booking. They will also give you a small amount of OBC for booking with them. If you do this, I would recommend periodically checking the cruise fare yourself to spot the deals so you know to get in touch and ask for a repricing - don't trust them to reprice it automatically behind the scenes.

A cruise I am going on later this month had a big reduction in price a few months after we'd booked it, we saved nearly half what we were expecting to pay.

A cruise a few years ago was repriced for us by a good Travel Agent, and we got a whopping $2,000 OBC each. Again I had monitored the online price and got in touch with her when I saw the deal. Monitoring fares for booked cruises is the first thing I do each day when I log onto the internet!

Happy planning 🛳️🍹

A good travel agent is a godsend. They can sometimes offer a better deal than the advertised price from the get go. I always monitor pricing once I've booked (like Jean) and if there is a drop I contact the TA immediately. I saved over $1k on our upcoming cruise by monitoring the price after we booked.

• Like 1

All wonderful, but there isn't much wiggle room for agents or PVPs for sweet deals/extra OBC on those 4 week circumnavigations. Lots of these great OBC stories were from post covid bookings when it was a bit of a free for all. Yes, they will honour price drops, but only when there is an actual price drop.

HAL has no current around Oz cruises scheduled. At this stage, I think Princess is the only line offering any.