Connecting Balcony's - Not rooms on ICON of the seas/Star of the seas

Are you able to unlock or leave the doors between balcony's open on the Icon of the seas?  Planning to book Star next year but guessing the layout/ability would be the same.  The shared balcony would work better than the connecting rooms but only if the balcony's can be opened..lol

It has to be opened by your stateroom attendant, but they will be happy to do it with your request.  Just as a footnote, the permission to do so ultimately comes from the Captain, but we have never had any issue with getting them opened.  Only those that are at a fire barrier cannot be opened,

2 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It has to be opened by your stateroom attendant, but they will be happy to do it with your request.  Just as a footnote, the permission to do so ultimately comes from the Captain, but we have never had any issue with getting them opened.  Only those that are at a fire barrier cannot be opened,

I have had balconies on either side of a fire barrier and had no issues in getting the door opened.  Those doors on the balcony would not act nearly the same as the interior fire barrier as they do not seal tight

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I have had balconies on either side of a fire barrier and had no issues in getting the door opened.  Those doors on the balcony would not act nearly the same as the interior fire barrier as they do not seal tight

I realize they don't have the same effect but thought I read that the balconies at those locations did not open.  Maybe it is ship specific or not true at all as I defer to your direct experience.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

35 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

I realize they don't have the same effect but thought I read that the balconies at those locations did not open.  Maybe it is ship specific or not true at all as I defer to your direct experience.

We were on Ovation.  Might be class specific, not really sure, I just know ours opened.

• Like 1