Viking Neptune Cabin Question

vaborn2cruise

We have a guarantee room on Neptune. Available rooms show some below the buffet. Anyone stay in one of these rooms and can let me if you experienced noise from the buffet especially in the morning? 

search on here, this has been discussed.  I think the bottom line was some people heard noise, other people heard nothing.  When I read the replies I sort of figured it's a matter of how good your hearing is.

Posted (edited)

Here are two recent threads on the subject.  Bottom line, it appears that any noise that is heard is mostly in the far forward cabins that are under the outdoor Aquavit terrace.  Apparently crew moving chairs in preparation for breakfast can be heard by some folks in the early morning...

Edited by WestW

3 hours ago, Redtravel said:

If location matters, don’t book gty.  For many years, I booked gty cabins. Saved money and never got a terrible cabin. Occasionally got an upgrade. It’s a gamble. Good luck.

We didn’t have a choice. I’m hoping it all works out. 

19 hours ago, vaborn2cruise said:

We didn’t have a choice. I’m hoping it all works out. 

I have a GTY cabin and then called reservations later down the road, closer to sailing, and they had a cabin open in that category and offered it.

I don't believe that you are saving money on Viking with a GTY cabin.  I don't believe that the cabin price is less.  Other cruise lines perhaps, but not on Viking. 

Those in the know, please chime in.

I think inevitably if you are under a busy common area that you can have noise, but that also depends on your tolerance for noise.  You can be on deck 3 forward and hear the Star Theatre and Torshavn Lounge.

WC is not open late, and we are early risers, so I personally would not care about that location. 

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

I don't believe that you are saving money on Viking with a GTY cabin.  I don't believe that the cabin price is less. 

The cabin price can be less - and has been for us the one time we booked a GTY.

For us there was no reduced price. The GTY simply acted as a "wait list" for a cabin to open in that category. May vary depending on occupancy for a specific cruise whether they offer a discount or not.

5 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

I have a GTY cabin and then called reservations later down the road, closer to sailing, and they had a cabin open in that category and offered it.

I don't believe that you are saving money on Viking with a GTY cabin.  I don't believe that the cabin price is less.  Other cruise lines perhaps, but not on Viking. 

Those in the know, please chime in.

I think inevitably if you are under a busy common area that you can have noise, but that also depends on your tolerance for noise.  You can be on deck 3 forward and hear the Star Theatre and Torshavn Lounge.

WC is not open late, and we are early risers, so I personally would not care about that location. 

Our first cruise, we booked the cheapest Veranda cabin as an GTY and wound up with a DV2.  That was about a $800 savings per person.  At the time, we were booking in Sept for a Dec sailing and a trans Atlantic was the only ship that had cabins available.  Our Viking agent (the one we have continued to book with) suggested it as there were a lot of open cabins available.  We got booked on deck 5, 5049 if I remember correctly.   Since then, that side seems to be our sweet spot.  We have been in cabins 5049 through 5095.

• Like 1

When we booked our cruise for this coming September, all that was available in the cabin category I selected was a GTY. The cruise is in 34 days, and we don't have an assignment yet. This is the first time we have ever had a GTY, and also our first Viking cruise. We are in a PV3, and the cruise is sold out, so hopefully we actually do have a cabin!

9 minutes ago, cotto22 said:

When we booked our cruise for this coming September, all that was available in the cabin category I selected was a GTY. The cruise is in 34 days, and we don't have an assignment yet. This is the first time we have ever had a GTY, and also our first Viking cruise. We are in a PV3, and the cruise is sold out, so hopefully we actually do have a cabin!

My understanding is that you do have a cabin, and if Viking do oversell the ship, then they send an email offer for you to move to another sailing at a great deal, but this offer goes to many people, not just the GTY cabins.  They will never - as I understand it - tell you that you don't have a cabin if you want to sail.

The last GTY cabin we had booked on Viking was the going price for that cabin level.  No discount.  There is the hope that you will be upgraded when you have a GTY cabin, but no promise of that.  We paid for what we got.

• Like 1