San Diego hotel with shuttle suggestions

I looked thru the topics and dont see a thread on Sand Diego. Is it a unusual port to go out of. Are hotels close to the port? Suggestions where to stay with shuttles? I go out of this port Oct 4, 2025 on Radiance OTS, so got lots of time to plan, and thought I'd come here. Judging by the lack of threads it's a unusual port to leave from?

You won't find any free shuttles to the port.  There are several nice hotels within walking distance if you're able or plenty of taxis and Ubers for the very short distance to the port.  You can Google Maps for the port and see all the hotels nearby in various price ranges.  We like the Hilton Gaslamp when we visit.  It's not walkable to the port but still a cheap cab ride.  I'm not sure what the Padre's schedule might be in October 2025 but if they are playing in town then Gaslamp isn't where you want to be.  San Diego isn't a huge/active cruise port so it's not a major thing for the city.  

San Diego is definitely not "unusual"... simply study any map and you will see that the cruise port, the airport and the city center are all conveniently within a few miles of each other, with many hotel options available.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2024 at 3:45 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

You won't find any free shuttles to the port.  There are several nice hotels within walking distance if you're able or plenty of taxis and Ubers for the very short distance to the port.  You can Google Maps for the port and see all the hotels nearby in various price ranges.  We like the Hilton Gaslamp when we visit.  It's not walkable to the port but still a cheap cab ride.  I'm not sure what the Padre's schedule might be in October 2025 but if they are playing in town then Gaslamp isn't where you want to be.  San Diego isn't a huge/active cruise port so it's not a major thing for the city.  

The Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel has a free shuttle to the pier ( be sure to tip the driver🙂) and an underground garage for parking.  The yacht harbor across the street is very relaxing and has a number of restaurants including our favorite, Pizza Nova (more than pizza.)  They do not have an airport shuttle.  We always stay there when cruising out of San Diego!

There are a lot of threads about the San Diego Port.

All things being equal, I'd stay at the Residence Inn Bayfront, SpringHill Suites Bayfront or InterContinental San Diego. All three are directly across from the cruise port and 2 miles from the airport. See the map below.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/j4WRu3FN9sP3d3qS6