First time on four night sailing - not a fan

New cruisers are often suggested to "try it out" with a short cruise. I always warn against this, since shorter cruises tend to have a different feel from a seven-night cruise or longer. I always recommend a seven-night cruise to start. 

• Like 2

On 8/23/2024 at 8:40 AM, chiguypaul said:

This week I was on my 20th royal Caribbean sailing. Over the years most of my sailings have been on five, six, seven, or eight night sailings. I just completed a four night sailing. And I have to say I was not a fan of the four night experience. There’s barely enough time to make a connection with any of the staff. I feel like the sense of community with other passengers is limited because of the short duration. The type of passenger felt very different to me. And the passengers on board were very inexperienced. The staff told me there were 60% new cruisers.

I’m sure this experience and these comments could be had on any cruise line. No complaints about the Royal Caribbean experience. Just sharing my thoughts. 

That being said, I have a three night and a four night on the utopia coming up in September so interested to see how that compares to the ship I just had. Those were already booked prior to the four night  I talked about above. So be interesting comparing.  

3-night and 4-night cruises = Booze Cruise 

Your experience on the Utopia will be worse. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

3-night and 4-night cruises = Booze Cruise 

Your experience on the Utopia will be worse. 

Totally disagree. My last cruise was a 4-night on Allure. No booze cruise atmosphere at all. (felt like a 7-night...just shorter)  I am cruising next on a Utopia 4-night in December. We'll see what the vibe is like then.

On 8/23/2024 at 2:13 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I understand they are your kids, but if they are adults why are you paying for their cruises???

That's called generosity ... I can't wait til the logistics allow me to do the same ! 

Nothing I'll enjoy more than helping them along the way 

I have done a 5-5-4 b2b's and the fives are not bad, but I swore I'd never do another 4 night as I hated that part of the sequence.

Fast forward to today, I'm going to risk a 4 night on Utopia only because I want to see the ship, will got off it to an 8 night s2s.  So I'll get my real fix after

20 or 21 days is my cruise average. I took the 1st & only 7 day cruise. After that, it was 14 then 15.  I thought what's 5 more days. Do you see how this "cruise cycle/addiction works" >>>"Poster child right here<<<  There is no CURE. 😐

I am normally happy with a 7 day cruise 9 or 10 is perfect. About 9 years ago we did a 5 night music charter, way to short , following year we added a 4 night on same ship before the charter, luckily now charter is 7 days.