Does NCL's cancellation policy include the cost of taxes, port fees, or gratuities?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I needed a quick answer. I'm thinking about cancelling an upcoming cruise due to a job offer that wouldn't allow for the vacation time off yet. Does NCL's cancellation policy penalty include taxes, port fees, or gratuities? Or just the cost of the cruise?

For example (these are just easy round numbers, not actual prices):

Cruise: $1000 per person

Tax and port fees: $250 per person

Prepaid gratuities for drink package and specialty dining: $250 per person

If we're 61-90 days out from the departure date, the cancellation penalty is 50%. But 50% of what?

9 minutes ago, rsachek said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I needed a quick answer. I'm thinking about cancelling an upcoming cruise due to a job offer that wouldn't allow for the vacation time off yet. Does NCL's cancellation policy penalty include taxes, port fees, or gratuities? Or just the cost of the cruise?

For example (these are just easy round numbers, not actual prices):

Cruise: $1000 per person

Tax and port fees: $250 per person

Prepaid gratuities for drink package and specialty dining: $250 per person

If we're 61-90 days out from the departure date, the cancellation penalty is 50%. But 50% of what?

If you're in the 61 to 90 day window, the penalty is 50% of the cost of the cruise; taxes and port fees, gratuities are 100% refundable.

29 minutes ago, Bobby Winds said:

Just a educated guess, yes yes yes and yes!

I believe that this is an uneducated guess, based upon what many have posted here previously.  Not meant to be snarky, but if you don't know, why not let those who do provide accurate information to the OP?

• Like 4

I clipped this from the 2nd page of one of our reservations "Confirmation Guest Copy":

"Please refer to www.ncl.com/about/cancellation-fee-schedule for our Payment and Cancellation policy.  Norwegian Cruise Line highly recommends that every guest purchase some form of travel protection.  For your convenience, we offer an optional BookSafe Travel Protection, however similar plans are available through other sources.  To review the state-specific (based on your state of residence) terms, conditions, and exclusions with BookSafe visit www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/booksafe.  For questions regarding your BookSafe Travel Protection, please call 1-800-722-5672."

10 hours ago, Bobby Winds said:

Just an educated guess, yes yes yes and yes!

Incorrect. As a first time cruiser, you need to read the contract you are agreeing to. And not guess. 

Penalty applies only to the cruise fare. Everything else is refundable. 

NCL Insurance is a 100% loss. But you have NCL insurance, you would get a FCC for part of the lost cruise fare.