Wine Makers Dinner

trbarton

Does Princess have the Winemakers dinner on all ships & can you book it in advance or only once on board?  If you taken this dinner what was the Price & what ship?

Thanks!😀😌

Posted (edited)

The Caymus wine dinner is $140./ person, +18% -you reserve once onboard. They take 12 passengers for the dinner. Depending on length of voyage it could be offered 2-3 times per voyage,depending on demand. Probably if not enough passengers sign up, it would be not held.

It is on Princess.com with more specifics. Should be offered fleetwide.

Edited by arizonaperson

32 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

The Caymus wine dinner is $140./ person, +18% -you reserve once onboard. They take 12 passengers for the dinner. Depending on length of voyage it could be offered 2-3 times per voyage,depending on demand. Probably if not enough passengers sign up, it would be not held.

It is on Princess.com with more specifics. Should be offered fleetwide.

Once I read the Caymus is in the CG, would you know if that’s accurate?

I went to the $40 WMD every time on Royal-class ships but on Discovery in Spring never saw it used…a sad waste of space unless it’s used for the Caymus WMD & I just didn’t see it.

Here’s what I just found on Princess……https://www.princess.com/en-us/news/news-releases/2023/04/princess-cruises-announces-new-winemaker-dinner-with-caymus-vineyards

A lot of good information. 

I'm going to ask once I board to see if it’s being offered on my September 2, 2024 Alaska cruise. 

I understand that you book it once on board. 

Tom😀👍

1 hour ago, arizonaperson said:

@Astro Flyer no I don’t know for sure ,but read it was held in Crown Grill - The Caymus wine dinner.

Thanks…the article Tom posted provided a definitive answer that the Caymus WMD is in the CG.

At $40 the Silverado WMD in the Wine Cellar was a great option however sadly for me it has been replaced by the $140 Caymus WMD in CG. The Wine Cellars are only available on Royal-class ships but now it’s an unused space. The Caymus menu in that article is basically the same as in the Silverado menu except the Caymus offers steak or fish/seafood as the entree. At $140 for the Caymus WMD could enjoy 3 of the Silverado WMD which I miss.

22 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks…the article Tom posted provided a definitive answer that the Caymus WMD is in the CG.

At $40 the Silverado WMD in the Wine Cellar was a great option however sadly for me it has been replaced by the $140 Caymus WMD in CG. The Wine Cellars are only available on Royal-class ships but now it’s an unused space. The Caymus menu in that article is basically the same as in the Silverado menu except the Caymus offers steak or fish/seafood as the entree. At $140 for the Caymus WMD could enjoy 3 of the Silverado WMD which I miss.

Seems odd to me if they are only taking 12 people as before why they wouldn't use the special spot in the DR in lieu of taking up space in the CG.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Seems odd to me if they are only taking 12 people as before why they wouldn't use the special spot in the DR in lieu of taking up space in the CG.

To me It’s understandable on other classes of ships that don’t have the Wine Cellars to have the WMD in the CG but it’s an odd decision by Princess to not have the WMD in the Wine Cellar in both midship dining rooms on Royal-class ships. Trading a more intimate Wine Cellar for 12 passengers for a packed CG with unlimited SD for those with the New Premier package makes no sense to me.

IMG_9351.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

To me It’s understandable on other classes of ships that don’t have the Wine Cellars to have the WMD in the CG but it’s an odd decision by Princess to not have the WMD in the Wine Cellar in both midship dining rooms on Royal-class ships. Trading a more intimate Wine Cellar for 12 passengers for a packed CG with unlimited SD for those with the New Premier package makes no sense to me.

IMG_9351.jpeg

And it can be quite noisy in CG when music is just outside entrance.

I guess someone would have to ask the DRO or F&B Mgr.

• Like 1