Celebrity Eclipse Sky Lounge closed during 12 day cruise

quicklabs

21 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Well, I am very unhappy to report that they are back. Maybe they never left, I don’t know, but I boarded eclipse this morning and here they are again,

this cruise goes down to St. Lawrence seaway to Quebec. The passage to Quebec and back is among the prettiest, but sky lounge won’t be available for us.

I just had to put up with three back to back to back cruises on silhouette where we also lost the sky lounge. Sadly, I gave those Cruises the lowest ratings I have ever given and the same is liable to happen here again.

😒😒😒

Just so sorry for you…Never done this cruise but I would expect that there would be days where you would want to enjoy the view but avoid the weather…Hence, the Sky Lounge would be a perfect venue?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Travel-and-See said:

Will they do this on the Alaska cruises next year as well? Money is money right?

I was on the Edge's first Alaska cruise this season (2024) - a 6 night Vancouver - Seattle cruise, and there was a good size international business group partial charter on board.  The Edge venue was closed either on Embarkation day, or the first full day on board, I can't remember which day it was.

I do know that on occasion, the group took over at least one of the four main dining rooms for dinner service and as a meeting venue.  Luckily, it wasn't like what was happening on the Eclipse, which is/was really awful.

8 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to post. 

This continues to be ridiculous....

If it's at all possible, could you find out how much longer that they'll be on for?

I’m working on ascertaining this

• Thanks 1

Would I be able to contact Celebrity and ask if this company has Sky Lounge reserved on what cruise dates. If I knew before final payment I would probably cancel. Sky Lounge in one of our reasons of booking Celebrity ships.

48 minutes ago, realnice46 said:

Would I be able to contact Celebrity and ask if this company has Sky Lounge reserved on what cruise dates. If I knew before final payment I would probably cancel. Sky Lounge in one of our reasons of booking Celebrity ships.

My uninformed opinion is you can try, but it's highly unlikely they will tell you - if indeed you can reach someone who knows about such things.  You mentioned one of the big reasons why.