Royal Suite vs. Penthouse Suite on Summit

2 minutes ago, billc23 said:

I used it as much as the piano that was in this spot. When the ship was rocking it would mysteriously spin in a circle!

Now *that's* funny!  Pleased to hear that the PH somehow got bypassed with some of the other, less comfortable Hoppenized furniture that was spread around other parts of the ship. 

Great 'patio party' pics.  That's getting good use of the most amazing veranda in the fleet! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JFontaine said:

You've gotten great advice on this thread.  I just want to add this: I've been blessed to have cruised on most luxury lines in their top suites, and the Summit PH is the best suite I have cruised in.  I continually chose this suite over luxury lines (and their upgraded service, food and less people) or the newest Celebrity ships because it is so spectacular. I hope that you are sitting on the balcony one day enjoying this experience and your wife says to you "I told you!".  

I agree on the actual room - the best suite on any line I have sailed on - but I prefer the service, food, and drink on the luxury lines and... the MSC YC. Sailing in the PH on Celebrity used to be a more elevated experience. I sailed in the PH in January on the Ascent for a week and then on the Solstice for 53 days from March to May. The service level was not what it used to be, from even a year or two ago, and being charged $2.40 extra for a glass of wine at dinner - how does that make sense???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

I see that now.  So did you try to get into and out of this one?  How did it go?  😄

Chair.jpg.708337271e85bae47cdddfb949ed877e.jpg

This chair was surprisingly cozy when you snuggled into it.  My dismount, however, was less than graceful. Lol!😝 

I've sailed in both the un-revolutionized and the revolutionized versions of the PH.  Actually, I prefer the older version.  It had a wonderful sitting/vanity area outside the master bath which was an excellent place to sit and do hair and makeup.  Why that went away is beyond me.  I also found the furniture in the previous version more comfortable.  But you can't go wrong in either version.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've sailed in both the un-revolutionized and the revolutionized versions of the PH.  Actually, I prefer the older version.  It had a wonderful sitting/vanity area outside the master bath which was an excellent place to sit and do hair and makeup.  Why that went away is beyond me.

Now that really IS strange.  It was just the right place for this feature.  What now occupies the old nook where the vanity was?  Guess I'd better go back and look at the @texcat video again!

Unless I'm disoriented left/right, at 2:11~2:12 into the video, it looks like the vanity was replaced with another double door closet.  Too bad - there was already enough closet space for a four season wardrobe!

7 hours ago, canderson said:

Now that really IS strange.  It was just the right place for this feature.  What now occupies the old nook where the vanity was?  Guess I'd better go back and look at the @texcat video again!

Unless I'm disoriented left/right, at 2:11~2:12 into the video, it looks like the vanity was replaced with another double door closet.  Too bad - there was already enough closet space for a four season wardrobe!

Yes.  Exactly.  The PH already had more than enough closet space.  Why take a very functional space and turn it into more closet space???