Complimentary wines

16 hours ago, Vineyard View said:

Has anyone else heard back from emails that they sent into SB regarding the wines? 
I responded to my cut and paste email - quite a while back - and have not heard another word. Maybe this direct email for Natalya is a better avenue than the ‘office of the president’ address?

I did write again and got a long five paragraph answer telling me that my concerns are taken seriously, that customer satisfaction is their main concern, and that my comments were shared with the Director of  Culinary Operations.

We shall see...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It just seems that there is no consistency at all in terms of quality, or availability between the different ships. It is so very frustrating. No chardonnay at all listed on our sailing on Ovation. Very poor listing overall. This looks better, but how do we know if other ships will be offered the same?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Tony UK said:

It just seems that there is no consistency at all in terms of quality, or availability between the different ships. It is so very frustrating. No chardonnay at all listed on our sailing on Ovation. Very poor listing overall. This looks better, but how do we know if other ships will be offered the same?

I was on the sojourn recently.  From what I recall, many of the wines were similar.  I’m a Chardonnay drinker and the Flanagan chard was available all the time as well as the other ones.  I really like the Flanagan chardonnay.  After a few days, the crew knew to bring this to me without asking! 😄

I am sailing on another SB ocean ship in the near future so I will see if there’s consistency.

Nancy

Edited by nancygp
  • Like 2

On 9/30/2024 at 5:51 PM, margbem said:

Tony UK - reach out directly to Natalya Leahy: NLeahy@hollandamericagroup.com

We had an unresolved issue that we were very unhappy with so we contacted her direct. She acted speedily to rectify matters. We were very impressed with her.

Thank you so very much for your advice. Our issues have been validated and taken extremely seriously, including at last sorting out the errors on our account. We have received a full apology for all that went on. The CEO office, the UK office and the ship have been involved. I hope my comments help all of you have a much improved cruise experience in the future...including amongst other things the wine! 

I did call out some of the team and suggested some reassignment or training but also heaped praise on others.

The team are keen for us to sail Seabourn again, however we are not so sure!

Anyway, thank you very much for your assistance. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Your comments Tony UK about your issue(s) and then contact with the CEO office, UK Office and ship are very cryptic. Were you complaining about your anniversary issue and flowers or the lousy wine? if not, what. What do you mean your "issues have been validated and taken extremely seriously?"

1 hour ago, brittany12 said:

Your comments Tony UK about your issue(s) and then contact with the CEO office, UK Office and ship are very cryptic. Were you complaining about your anniversary issue and flowers or the lousy wine? if not, what. What do you mean your "issues have been validated and taken extremely seriously?"

My post was intended to say thank you for the advice on who to contact. It is working well for us.

I cant, and woulnt go into the detail here as things are not yet fully resolved, There wasnt an issue with flowers, my husband purchase them and they were beautiful.  Things do go wrong, I understand and accept that. It is how they are resolved which shows the quality of the service and delivery. Sadly that didnt happen on our cruise, however Seabourn are all last showing their worth.

I hope you understand.

• Like 1

I will say, after now 22 SB cruises, things like recognition of a special occasion are no longer the same.  Years ago we had some very special amenities that I will not disclose here for a birthday or anniversary we spent on a ship. Last time instead we got a card.... Gee thanks I got a card from Regent when at home for my recent birthday, wineries that I belong to offer me discounts and I've spent no where the $$$ I have on Seabourn.  No expensive bottle from the revenue list sent to our suite like we used to get, no - cost SB $0,00 - towel people who scared the heck out of us one night when we came back to someone (towel man) sitting in the chair with a beer, no cake that we sent to the crew mess, etc.  It's a different Seabourn from what we spent over 450 days and 22 cruises on these days. I hope those of you new folks and those who think SB can do no wrong continue enjoy it.  But it has changed and not IMO for the best since we started sailing 13 years ago.  The comments in the above posts show a general sense of disappointment - save the cheer leaders - and after out last experience when they ran out of the CHEAP "fine wines" and other things I have documented elsewhere on this site SB is no longer my first choice, and very disappointed with the new President who promised to return SB to it former self.  YMMV mine doesn't