Cancelled a cruise - still shows in account

Alaska05

Posted (edited)

I canceled a cruise last Friday with my TA and received email back that he cancelled it.  Yet 5 days later (including weekend) it is still showing in my account. How long does Princess take to actually cancel and return my FCD to my account.  Seems when I book it shows up almost immediately.  

Edited by Alaska05

When you say it still shows up in your account, do you mean online or in the app?  Online my cancelled cruises have always disappeared within a day and the FCD becomes active in that same timeframe. On the app cancellations can take a week or longer to disappear. 

• Like 1

I cancelled at cruise over a year ago and it still shows in the app and online.  Of course you can't do anything with it.  Its dead.  But still showing.   I am thinking it won't fall off until after that cancelled cruise sails.    In my case I was cancelling and rebooking so no refund was necessary.

30 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

I cancelled at cruise over a year ago and it still shows in the app and online.  Of course you can't do anything with it.  Its dead.  But still showing.   I am thinking it won't fall off until after that cancelled cruise sails.    In my case I was cancelling and rebooking so no refund was necessary.

Did you use a TA?

41 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

I can’t believe it’s still there!  Wait, yes I can. 🙄

It should fall off the website right away and the downloaded App by the next week, at least.

In the cruise personalizer, can you

do anything with it?  Or, is it nonfunctional?

This one is stuck in limbo or the twilight zone.  😮

8 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I can’t believe it’s still there!  Wait, yes I can. 🙄

It should fall off the website right away and the downloaded App by the next week, at least.

In the cruise personalizer, can you

do anything with it?  Or, is it nonfunctional?

This one is stuck in limbo or the twilight zone.  😮

rjack22  said  "Of course you can't do anything with it.  Its dead"  , so non-functional.

• Thanks 1

It is non-functionable.   Says it was cancelled.  But still showing after all of this time.

I decided after posting to do something about it.   I used Princess Chat and hopefully it will fall off now in 3-5 business days.   I was afraid to mess with it for fear of Princess messing up the "real" booking.   I am going to keep a close eye on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rjack22 said:

It is non-functionable.   Says it was cancelled.  But still showing after all of this time.

I decided after posting to do something about it.   I used Princess Chat and hopefully it will fall off now in 3-5 business days.   I was afraid to mess with it for fear of Princess messing up the "real" booking.   I am going to keep a close eye on it.

I hear you about not messing with it. I am always nervous they will cancel one I want to keep.

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

When you say it still shows up in your account, do you mean online or in the app?  Online my cancelled cruises have always disappeared within a day and the FCD becomes active in that same timeframe. On the app cancellations can take a week or longer to disappear. 

It still shows up online under booked cruises with how many days til sail. I can book excursions and pre-pay crew appreciation, etc.  Final payment isn’t due til late September. My FCD hasn’t been re-deposited.

Im wondering if maybe the TA has in fact cancelled it.  Maybe keep it on the books for now since it’s close to the end of the month. 🤔 My EZ Air flights still show on the Princess website but they no longer show when I’m on the Delta website.  Very strange.

Of course it still shows on the app too.