Southampton Airport

How long would it take to do self disembarkment from Southampton port to Southampton airport? Also, how long  does it take to get through Southampton airport to a gate?
Any information would be appreciated!

Southampton Airport is very small. They claim it takes a max. of 10 minutes to get through security, usually less. So once you are inside, things should progress quickly. How long to get there depends a bit on the cruise terminal and time of day, but should be easily less than half an hour once you’re in a taxi.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trrn2016 said:

How long would it take to do self disembarkment from Southampton port to Southampton airport? Also, how long  does it take to get through Southampton airport to a gate?

As mentioned before me-- you aren't dealing with great distance or a large airport. This was years ago but we piled off the QE2 at the QEII Terminal at 8am, were in a taxi by 8:15, at the airport 20 minutes later (could have been even a little quicker), and through security in less than 10 minutes. The airport is TINY. You almost don't want to get there too early because there is nothing to do. 

It's a shame there aren't more destinations from SOU because it could not be easier from the Southampton docks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trrn2016 said:

Small and user friendly, according to my nephew. He used it from time to time to get home for holidays when he was at university in Bournemouth. Sometimes it was cheaper and/or more convenient than the train. 

48 minutes ago, Harters said:

Small and user friendly, according to my nephew. He used it from time to time to get home for holidays when he was at university in Bournemouth. Sometimes it was cheaper and/or more convenient than the train. 

Often almost anything is more convenient than trains that get tangled up in Birmingham New Street. I cry every time I change trains there.

• Like 1